How to get bit perfect with Zero DAC via SPDIF?
Sep 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

quanghuy147

Head-Fier
I am using Windows 7, KMPlayer, Zero DAC via SPDIF, with the setting as http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/tu...player-438010/

However,when I open a song, I can see that it is playing but there is no sound. What can be the problems? (I am using wasapi well with Foobar , but I only get 44.1 KHz, and I still can control the volume on Foobar (but can't use volume control of Windows OS), so it is not bit perfect?

How can I get bit perfect?
Thank you.Sorry for my English.

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 9
I think you have bit-perfect if you use WASAPI or ASIO. Your limitation of 44kHz sounds odd, but this is the actual rate for CD audio. Just set all the digital (computer) volume controls to 100%. The volume control in Foobar is a software tool. If you use 24-bit output via SPDIF, you can use the Foobar volume control and not lose much in terms of resolution (however at some point the LSBs get down in the noise).

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_cool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are 16 bits in CD audio. The LSBs are least significant bits. Sorry if you don't understand but this is basic to digital audio.

Thank you. So with 44.1 Khz, does it mean that I get the top quality? If not, how can I get bit perfect ?

When I open a song, I can see that it is playing but there is no sound. What can be the problems? (I am using wasapi well with Foobar , but I only get 44.1 KHz.
Thank you!

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Unless you resample and/or your source material is greater than 44.1 KHz, there's nothing wrong with having the sample rate at 44.1 KHz.

And what are you using to connect to the Zero right now?

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 9
I use Zero Dac (op-amp LT1469 + LT1057) with Usher S-520, Cambridge Audio P70,monster interconnect cables, normal cables.

How can we get more than 44.1 Khz? Does it have any big changes?
I intend to biwire Usher S520. Some people say that it can improve much , some say that it's not much different. Anyone has biwired Usher S-520 , please give me advice.

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_cool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you have bit-perfect if you use WASAPI or ASIO. Your limitation of 44kHz sounds odd, but this is the actual rate for CD audio. Just set all the digital (computer) volume controls to 100%. The volume control in Foobar is a software tool. If you use 24-bit output via SPDIF, you can use the Foobar volume control and not lose much in terms of resolution (however at some point the LSBs get down in the noise).

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back