How to fix wiring near jack jacket in Shure E3c's?
Jul 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EvilYoda

New Head-Fier
Somewhere right around where the cable comes out from the body of the jack is a loose connection for the right earplug. It's annoyed me for a while now, but with a new job and a new iPhone, I'll be using these a lot more now. They're out of warranty, so will Shure help me w/o costing an arm and a leg or is there anyone on the boards that would be able to help me with soldering/reconnecting the line?

Details: they work, when twisted or sitting at the right angle. pinching or pushing makes them work as well.

Thanks guys...haven't posted in a long time and I also just bought a pair of AD700's after the Stereophile review a few months ago. Now for an amp
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 6
To the OP, your problem is a matter of simply reterminating the cable (ie. cutting off the jack and soldering in a new one).

To the second poster, your problem is more serious, as it's not right near the jack. I don't think there's a way to fix that cleanly.

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 6
That's how i lost my last pair of E2c's (crappy connection to right channel, with no noticeable wire damage). If anyone knows how to fix this, I can at least give it someone else.

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Sigh...I know I could do it myself, but then it'll look like a mess and I would ideally still like to take this thing on vacation.

I'll give Shure a call...not a great sign when so many people have responded with similar issues in such a short amount of time
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back