How to find sibilance sensitivity? How to find which Freq?
post-15466754
Post #1 of 3

SupperTime

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm sensitive in the upper mids/lower treble region but I can't pinpoint the exact range of frequencies?
How do I do that, is there some sort of software I can use? Please help? It will help me eq.

post-15467199
Post #2 of 3

highlightshadow

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Reactions: SupperTime
post-15467912
Post #3 of 3

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't a random parametric EQ be exactly the tool you want for this? I often would lower the overall gain, and sweep one significant boost back and forth in the audible range until I hear the part of the music I'm looking for. Then it's just a matter of narrowing the range of that boost to really pinpoint the area(s) that troubles me. It's similar to the suggestion above, except that you play some music you know to sound annoyingly sibilant, and you can seek that instead of trying to identify sibilance as a single tone.

If the issue is caused by a headphone/speakers with a FR that emphasizes that area more than you'd like, then I'd go that road and ultimately just EQ the way you prefer.

But for a more case specific sibilance(a few select tracks or albums), you might want to use a "deesser" on those tracks to deal with them once and for all.

Reactions: SupperTime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)