How to fight a speeding ticket?
May 4, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #16 of 25
You have to fabricate your own explanation...depends on conditions, your state of mind, reasons for the trip, that is up to you. Works best when your "speeding" speed is less or equal to max speed limit in your state.

Sorry, can't help you with this part.

Guy

Jun 6, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #18 of 25
my favorite way 'round this that i've heard is to mail in payment for the ticket, but to overpay by say $5...then they have to send you a refund (which takes time)...then when the refund check comes don't cash it...rip it up even...they won't close things 'til it's resolved (or someone catches it)...so it stays away from insurance for 'while...

--but don't always trust in what a coworker tells you
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rycet
yes he did, we don't mind paying the fines but what we tried to do is to avoid this to be reported to the insurance company. Is there any way to do this guys?

The only thing you can do, is go to court, plead guilty, and deal with the prosecutor, pay the fine, maybe a little over and "no for the records", no points, nothing else....just use the motheri nthe hospital, or the mother that is loosing a baby, etc....sometimes not evne this will work, speeding is considered one of the worst offenses, usually they remove just 2 points out of 4, etc...
There is also an school to remove the extra remaining points, but I don't know if in the case of the insurance, this will work....

Jun 6, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 25
When I was in Jersey my Dad would get “Get out of Jail Free” cards. PBA Policemen’s Benevolent Association Cards. Signed by a Police officer. When you got pulled over you’d give the card to the cop and he’d let you go.

I was stopped for drunken driving once- the cop said he’d go bald smelling my breath. I gave him the PBA card and they took me in and after 3 hours gave me a ticket for littering and sent me on my way.

Mitch

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
When I was in Jersey my Dad would get “Get out of Jail Free” cards. PBA Policemen’s Benevolent Association Cards. Signed by a Police officer. When you got pulled over you’d give the card to the cop and he’d let you go.

I was stopped for drunken driving once- the cop said he’d go bald smelling my breath. I gave him the PBA card and they took me in and after 3 hours gave me a ticket for littering and sent me on my way.

Mitch

I don't believe I'd told that.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
Well, How did you do on evading the ticket? Done it yet? Let me know, I am interested.

Not yet, The court appearance is 8/31/04 so it's still another 2 months, probably more if I can follow your advice
icon10.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #24 of 25
My insurance has never gone up from tickets. As far as I know, most insurance companies don't check your record every year. They only check it when you sign up for new insurance with a different company.

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #25 of 25
Well, officer, I was driveing fast cause I saw you in my rear view mirror. Reciently, sir, my wife fell in love and ran off with a patrol officer in a police car just like yours. The pain in the butt was leaving me for good. I saw your car speeding up behind me and I thought it was him trying to give her back.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif
eek.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back