How to download ringtones?
May 24, 2004 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
Anyway...

Since my old cell phone died I needed to purchase a new one with all the bells and whistles. (Samsung VM-A680 w/ Sprint) I have found a program that will convert .wav files to "ringtone files". I just do not know how to send them to my phone. Anybody know how to do it for free without paying a website to do it for me? Thanks in advance...

May 26, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by finleyville
Anyway...

Since my old cell phone died I needed to purchase a new one with all the bells and whistles. (Samsung VM-A680 w/ Sprint) I have found a program that will convert .wav files to "ringtone files". I just do not know how to send them to my phone. Anybody know how to do it for free without paying a website to do it for me? Thanks in advance...

If it's possible it should say in the instructions.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 7
It depends a lot on the phone. Mine has bluetooth and plays midi files, so I went out and spent 25 bucks on a USB bluetooth dongle. I can go download hundreds of free midi files of songs, video game music, whatever (most of what web sites sell you can be found free elsewhere) and then zap them over to my phone. Almost all phones can do the same thing with a special cable, but you need to find out what formats your phone supports for ringtones. Aside from that, it may be possible to email a ringtone to your phone (most are like yourphone#@provider.com) if you find one on the net you like - assuming your phone has internet/email services. That would be close to free since you don't need a cable or bluetooth, you don't need to buy the tone, and you'd only pay a couple cents for the data transfer.

May 27, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 7
My phone can accept many different types of files. I found a website that will automatically send a file to your phone for free. It just has a 50kB limit. I haven't found out a way to send an e-mail to my phone yet. The manual doesn't tell you how. I'm still working on it.

May 27, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by finleyville
My phone can accept many different types of files. I found a website that will automatically send a file to your phone for free. It just has a 50kB limit. I haven't found out a way to send an e-mail to my phone yet. The manual doesn't tell you how. I'm still working on it.

send yourself an email from the phone to your regular email to get the addy. or you could call your service provider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back