How to broadcast meet interest to visitors and noobs?
Nov 13, 2008 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was here some time before I discovered the meets threads. I was always in the equipment or music threads. If there were a way to advertise an interest check to the general visitors and new members, more could have a chance to hear some of this outstanding gear. I know we have a forum for meets but not too many visit it. How do we get this out to more readers?

Any ideas? Maybe a streamer with locations and dates.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Maybe we could get Jude to set something up that sends an automatic notice to everyone who is in a certain area. It would be simple enough to just ask a new person when they are signing up for a general idea of where they live, like a zip code. Maybe we do this already anyway? I don't remember.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #7 of 10
On the other hand I totally misunderstood the thread title and thought you were going to video-stream a live head-fi meet. Now that could be pretty interesting, especially the large meets like NY/LA.

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 10
Perhaps there should be a list of meetings on the Head-Fi front page?
Where someone add meetings as the date and location are set...

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 10
I certainly didn't know about the meets right away. It would be better if they was at least a larger link on the front page where it will be more visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back