"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
Aug 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #166 of 200
Quote:
That's great. For me it also is better in every way and even better fit me because the foams I get cone from work so literally free. I've tried 3 brands and although they may look and feel similar, they perform differently. One one of the 3 worked for me souit's a try and see I guess

I can't remember which brand I got, but from my 1st experiment with this I got the "orange foam" for half a dollar, broke after 3days of usage, then with my 2nd experiment I used a slightly more expensive "yellow foam" for about 3/4 of a dollar and now I realized why its much expensive. It's feels more comfortable and more durable than the orange foam. :)

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #167 of 200
I can't remember which brand I got, but from my 1st experiment with this I got the "orange foam" for half a dollar, broke after 3days of usage, then with my 2nd experiment I used a slightly more expensive "yellow foam" for about 3/4 of a dollar and now I realized why its much expensive. It's feels more comfortable and more durable than the orange foam. :)
I still can't believe complys are $22 for a set of 3

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #171 of 200
Quote:
$5 Awei ES900i (IEM) Moldex Softies 6600 (foamies) haha I have to check my trash can again to know the brand LOL :)

Judging by your avatar pics, you must like tips. 

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #173 of 200
Quote:
1. Remove the pen ink 1st
2. Use the body of the pen (there will be a small hole at the tip)
3. Push with all your might! :)

I tried something different. The tips tended to slip off my iem and lodge in my ear after around a week of use so I knew I had to find a more efficient way of putting it on so that the hole was smaller (and thus hugged the nozzle more tightly) while still being able to come on and off.
1. Take an awl and puncture the foam
2. Put the awl and a ball point pen that DOESNT WORK OR HAVE INK ANYMORE (Actually this is irrelevant but make sure the ink containter/ point is still there) right next to each other, and slide the foam onto the tip of the pen
3. put the tip inside the nozzle and slide the foam off onto the nozzle
4. instant perfect fit and it wont slide off,

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #177 of 200

Look what I found in the work cabinet

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #178 of 200

Look what I found in the work cabinet

Can I have some please? haha just kidding 
atsmile.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #179 of 200
They work great for custom tips

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #180 of 200
I still can't believe complys are $22 for a set of 3

Yeah so pity(we/us) that still no competition to them, and they are monopoly, so excellent turn-over.

Good machinaries is all needed to fix the nice flexible stem inside the foam professionally , and the fine tuned shape of foam. nothing else there special. may be the density of comply foam is thicker than 3M,spark etc those available in drug stores and amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back