"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #16 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
green? they look purple to me.

They can be any color. Usualy they are lite purple, lite green and mostly yellow.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 200
I use these! my dad works for a company who produces UAV's so I got some free earplugs and I used shrink tubing for the nozzle. works PERFECTLY.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 200
346vny8.jpg
f00oax.jpg
These are my "custom tips" i made myself. Just a tip on them, if you dont bother to cut the tips to reveal a hole, UM2's tend to send the high frequencies to the foam while you only get low frequency. BASS FREAKS BEWARE, this time you might be overwhelmed. (; My tips however work perfectly. I personalyl love the colors too.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #23 of 200
Good Idea... I wouldn't spend so much $$ on complys either.

nice, iBasso :O

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #24 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Idea... I wouldn't spend so much $$ on complys either.

nice, iBasso :O

Try this guys. Success guaranteed.
smily_headphones1.gif

iBasso is nice
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm quite happy with my little Boa
L3000.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #27 of 200
2la3h5j.jpg

heres another for fun. These are what i actually use now.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these will do:
Safe Sound Original Soft Foam Earplugs | Mack's | Walgreens

Similar stuff everywhere in drug stores. Just go and check any local one around your place.

Great thread shrisha, thank you for the guide.

I went to Walgreens and bought the purple Flents Quiet Time earplugs. I managed to construct some reasonable tips for my E3c. I tried 1/2 length and 2/3 length plugs and managed to get something that mostly fits. The problem is that as soon as I move the least little bit they start pulling out.

Then I looked at the Walgreens web site and found all sorts of negative reviews of these particular earplugs Quiet Time Soft Comfort Ear Plugs | Flents | Walgreens
I tried them out as just plain earplugs and the negative reviewers are right, they don't stay in place.

I will try again with a different brand. At lest I think I've got the technique down now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back