How to adjust D-335 tracking and focus ?
Apr 17, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Believe it or not, I fixed my skippy D-777 with WD40... I sprayed it all over the worm gear (that rail thing the lens assembly travels on)... WD40 doesn't cause short circuit at all if oversprayed... Just make sure you don't spray the lens assembly...

As for the pot, sorry I have no clue... try to find a service manual at your local Sony repair depot...

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 5
krayzie...

WD40 is dodgy stuff, be careful that it doesn't clog up the little head that whizzes along that arm... lithium grease would've been a better alternative...

Probably no harm done, but I was warned of WD40s potential for harm a little while back
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the heads up Duncan... Actually the first thing I tried was this bottle of Loctite Teflon Grease and it didn't do the job at all (yet it does a wonderful job lubing the mechanical assembly of my tape Walkmans) so I resorted to WD40... Maybe a can of G96 gun lubricant would be better hehe not cheap tho (and hard to get around town)...

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Agreed with the recommendations mentioned above. Before you set off on adjusting the pots check to make sure that the worm gear and rail guide that the laser pick up rides on is free of lint and is well lubricated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back