How reliable is the HD650?
Jun 20, 2005 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Joey_V

1000+ Head-Fier
How reliable are these guys? I just bought one from iNetDistributors - the same guys who sold me the HD555 and I was wondering if Ill ever have to deal with warranty with regards to these 650s.

I know that they have been around for a few years and was wondering if anyone here has personally experienced or witnessed (online even) a damaged 650s due to normal wear and tear...? Let me know.

Jun 20, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 11
depends . . . whatcha plannin on doin to em?
icon10.gif

Jun 20, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 11
My first pair had the left driver go out at about the one year mark. Sennheiser gave me a new pr. I also have a used pr. that have been great for close to a year. My girlfriend has a pr. she bought used and they have had zero problems either. I have heard of others that have had one or the other of the drivers go. All were dealt with fast and easy by Senn. I doubt you will have any problems. Keep your sales reciept and deal with senn. directly if you do have any trouble. They are a pleasure to do business with.

Jun 20, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 11
Do you guys know what is Sennheiser's deal with warranty? Does it have to be from an authorized dealer? Or as long as it comes brand new from any dealer, including ebay dealers?

Jun 20, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
Do you guys know what is Sennheiser's deal with warranty? Does it have to be from an authorized dealer? Or as long as it comes brand new from any dealer, including ebay dealers?

I bought my 580's a few years back from the same place you bought your 650's. I had a static noise comming from the right ear and I ended up calling sennheiser. They had no problem replaceing it as long as I had a Invoice/Reciept. You should be ok.

-Alex-

Jun 20, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
I bought my 580's a few years back from the same place you bought your 650's. I had a static noise comming from the right ear and I ended up calling sennheiser. They had no problem replaceing it as long as I had a Invoice/Reciept. You should be ok.

-Alex-

AWESOME! Thanks Alex! Just the news I wanted to hear!

Jun 21, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 11
Where's Andrea?

Only problem I've really consistently encountered with Senns is the cord, but the 650 has a much sturdier, rugged one and should not give any trouble.

Jun 21, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paxonator
What happens if they break and you don't have an invoice/reciept but bought it from headroom?

Call headroom and see if you can get them to email you a reciept/invoice. I am sure they will. I know for a fact that trying to send those headphones back to Sennheiser without a reciept is 100% worthless because they won't accept it.

-Alex-

Jun 21, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back