How much to sell broken super.fi 5's for?
Mar 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bigandtall

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to sell a pair of broken super.fi 5's in the classifieds. 

They are this pair: 
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-SuperFi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009Q4PHO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299512909&sr=1-1

The housing where the cable plugs in is broken on one of them, but the drivers and cable are in good condition and one side is totally fine. 

Any thoughts on what a fair price to charge would be? 

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 7
You can repair them if you want, soldering the connectors back. As price matter, i think you can obtain something like 50$-60$ for them, but i strongly recommend you to repair the earphones or send it to someone that have electronic skills.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 7
I had the same issue with my SF5pro and sincerely, I don't think it's as easy as it seems. By trying to open the IEM, I heavily damaged the housing, so you have to be extra careful and have luck with you.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 7
That's what I thought. I'd almost rather leave this one to the pros and trade my damaged pair out for a cheaper but working set of IEM's. Not that I'm not up for the challenge, but I just don't have enough time right now to take this one on. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 7
May i ask which side is broken? I have a broken pair and still have one working side and cable. If that is reserved for the classifieds then fair enough. I'm in the UK and there was on site until recently sold the individual sides for 70 pounds. I think 40 pounds for the same but used would be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back