How much $ has Head-Fi saved you?
Apr 3, 2004 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

bootman

King o'Ping
We always talk about how much money we spend on audio.
Our greeting for newbies is "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet".

Have you ever thought how much money you saved by not buying some over priced POS cans?
...or amp
...or CDP
...or whatever?

How much money has Head-fi saved you?

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 43
i thought for a moment. but i don't think i'd say head-fi has actually saved me any money at all.

oh well.
rs1smile.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
i thought for a moment. but i don't think i'd say head-fi has actually saved me any money at all.

oh well.
rs1smile.gif

really?
there wasn't anything that you thought of buying but after reading all the negative reviews you didn't?
...or after reading a review thought, I'm glad i found out about that "feature",
now I won't spend my money or look for something else.

anything like that?

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 43
I would say over $1000, because of the great deals I have been able to make through this site. All my current headphone stuff is worth $1800+, but had only cost me about $350 net (i.e. stuff I've bought minus stuff that I've sold). Of course having an almost all-used setup helps, and my Gilmore looks like it's been through a war, but the sound is all there
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
really?
there wasn't anything that you thought of buying but after reading all the negative reviews you didn't?
...or after reading a review thought, I'm glad i found out about that "feature",

anything like that?

i guess i work backwards. it takes me a while to get convinced to buy something. so it's never really been my experience to really want to buy something and then get turned off to it.

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 43
That is another great example Iron dreamer!
Getting a great deal in the for sale forums also counts!
Subtract the retail value by the head-fi discount.

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 43
Hmm, well it saved me from buying a few misguided headphone purchases... but somehow the scales tip in the direction of all the stuff I have bought. The plus side is a group of people ready to buy your stuff when you move on though, sort of the Head-fi circle of life.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
it save me like ....negative 750 dollars. damn this place.

...and you paid full retail?
you didn't save anything on the purchases?
confused.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 43
I think his point was more in the line of "if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't have spent 750 bucks on headphones to begin with."

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
really?

anything like that?

My experience is that the "negative reviews" usually send me up the price ladder.

Time and again I've been saved from making costly mistakes because of the wise counsel I found in these forums. Time and again I've been convinced to spend "just a little more" to buy the better product.

If Head-Fi saves me much more, I'll be a ruined man.
biggrin.gif

BW

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #14 of 43
I've probably saved thousands of dollars on Head-Fi purchases over the years. Of course, the big question is: If I've saved that much money, how come I'm broke?
confused.gif

wink.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #15 of 43
LOL! Saved money? You have got to be kidding. I was happy with an Audio Alchemy headamp and grado 225's before I found this place. Anything I saved on some good used purchases has been spent many times over. Welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet; indeed.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back