How much does HD650 Cable cost? Urgent reply needed
Nov 19, 2008 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

the seller of HD600 is not negotiating too much with me coz he says he recabled them with HD650 cable.

is that cable much more expensive?

how much does it cost anyway?

need ASAP reply coz i am leaving within 1 hour for final collection and payment

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 14
Does he mean a sennh cable or a boutique Cardas/Equinox type cable?

Some HD650 cables cost more than the cans do!

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 14
i am buying the headphone for around $265 USD

its been used for 4-5 months and recabled with HD650 cable

is he asking too much?

coz my dad is willing to finance for brand new (that will cost USD 315) but i thot recabled must be better

its a standard 1/4 jack HD650 cable

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 14
The HD-600 seems to fetch around $200-240 nowadays (was much cheaper last year when I got mine, but anyway...). Considering you would have to pay a hefty extra to ship from the US to Singapore, that price is pretty reasonable. How does it compare with a brand-new pair from a local store though? This will really tip the balance.

Cheers!

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 14
no no..

the deal is local...he is also in singapore and i am collecting myself.

i ll see its condition and try to get some leverage in negotiation..dont wanna spend unnecessary if its old and used too much.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no no..

the deal is local...he is also in singapore and i am collecting myself.

i ll see its condition and try to get some leverage in negotiation..dont wanna spend unnecessary if its old and used too much.

If you wanted to buy a pair from, say, the US, you would have to pay extra for shipping and the total will fall somewhere in the asking price of that seller (who has no obligation to pass on any savings he might have made in acquiring the phone). Also, look for other potential sellers willing to sell to Singapore and compare prices from there. It's hard to get a leverage over sellers who know his potential buyer wants that item and there is little on the supply side.

Seriously though, if you really want that phone, that price is not too much to pay. And you won't even have to go hunting around for another cable.

Cheers!

p.s. Do make sure the phone is in mint condition. If it looks too well-used, buying a new pair from the store might be a better idea.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 14
Well i got it..

jus came back home..

the Foampads/earpads have little dust which gives away they aint brand new ..but otherwise there is no scratch and they have the Brand new Finish.

the HD650 cable retails around $60-70 .(i contacted the Retailer he got it from)

so i guess not bad..

mom was saying i could have gotten new one..but anyway ..i got it with BOTH the cables..

and they still have around 20 months warranty period so not bad deal.

is there a way to dry clean the earpads?

or maybe i can get new ones from Sennheiser service center in singapore.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #11 of 14
Is it possible to remove the pads and give them a gentle vacuum? (Carefully!)
I've never seen these pads so it is a blind suggestion
wink.gif

Enjoy your new headphones, sounds like a good deal.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #13 of 14
you could also try some semi-sticky tape and use it to get most of the dust and dirt off, almost like a lint remover.

EDIT: nice olblueyez, I posted without refreshing the page.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 14
hey guys..thanks a lot for the tip.

i will try them tomorrow.

for now i used some anti-bacterial spray to wipe them and applied some Ballantine malt so remove any sweaty odour if any.

used a microfiber cloth to give them a clean wipe all over also.

they look new now.

with closer inspection i noticed there is a small 1 mm chip at the point where the rim comes out of Headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back