How much are the D777 & D-E905 worth?
Jun 19, 2002 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Quite simply, I'm kind of keen to get myself a pair of second hand Sony MDR-CD3000s, and i'd like to know how much you'd think that my players would be worth either as a (partial) swap, or as an Ebay item for money to go towards them...

D777...
Original MDR-E741 microplug earphones (unused)
Original carrying case
Slight cosmetic damage (minor scratches)
no original box or instructions...

D-E905
Microplug converter with MDR-E888/MX500s
Original carrying case
Mint condition
both box and instructions (although box has seen better days)

Both supplied with NH-14WM batteries

I'm not really all that interested in portable audio anymore since my main rig gelled itself so well together, so - could be a way for me to get some $$$
wink.gif

This is NOT a sale... if the time were to come, i'd post a new thread in the correct, for sale forum... so, this is purely for my own information
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Jun 20, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 58
Hi Duncan,

I'm looking for a cd player right now. If you're interested pm me
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would keep the one I like the best and sell the other one.

Jun 20, 2002 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 58
Duncan,
C'mon..don't do that my friend. Otherwise, I'll be the lonewolf. Anyway, I really enjoy my very dynamic sounding Sony D-515.

Cola,
Do ya know anything about the D-515? I love it... to me ...it works so well with my Senn 580. My other discmans are collecting dust now, even my beloved D-303.
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #8 of 58
Woah nice! First ever Sony anti-shock Discman with DSP...

Hey Cola, got a nice pic of a WM-EX1HG? hehe thx!

Jun 20, 2002 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by krayzie
Woah nice! First ever Sony anti-shock Discman with DSP...

Hey Cola, got a nice pic of a WM-EX1HG? hehe thx!

You have EX1HG !

Jun 20, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 58
lol, as I said... this isn't technically a sale, but I think I saw mention that these units were selling for nearly $300 each, in which case - that'd be more than enough for a pair of CD3Ks...

I live in hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Quite simply, I'm kind of keen to get myself a pair of second hand Sony MDR-CD3000s, and i'd like to know how much you'd think that my players would be worth either as a (partial) swap, or as an Ebay item for money to go towards them...

Could I ask why you're opting for CD3K's? I think, at least from comments from the WOHT's that they might not be the best option! If I were to recommend another headphone that would actually work great in your system it would be the _____. I'm not going to say their name, but just so you know (and so everyone else does) this is not a fanatical intrusion, this is actually a recommendation after looking at your system. Hirsch said that the _____ sounds good with the XCans . . . And they're much cheaper than the CD3k, and by some people's assessment and those who have owned the ____ before, much better. Just a thought, and no, this is not a fanatical intrusion, but a warning that you should think about other options despite the fact that you're as Sony maniac, and that's probably the reason you would get the CD3k. I wouls recommend other phones other than the _____, but I haven't heard many.

Jun 20, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 58
Are we talking W100s QG?

I've had many people across just as many threads suggest those to me, but - there is some magical draw to the CD3Ks... has been since my earliest HeadWize days (even though they weren't as well reviewed as the CD1700s I currently own
redface.gif
)

I guess, even if they turn out to be a bum deal, that i'd be most of the way to a full house of Quality Sony Cans... (E888, V6, CD1700, (arguably) F1 and CD3K) and of course, we all know, that if I got the CD3Ks that there would only be one 'phone to make it a full house... and, well - they retail at $4K... ho hum
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back