How "Millenial" Are You? Take the quiz!
Oct 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 106
I got 67. 

Apparently I'm behind the times for my age. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #21 of 106
Interesting! It seems like people are really into it or way behind the times. :)

I wouldn't even have a cellphone had it not been for a family intervention. Seriously, my family had an intervention-style meeting and badgered me until I agreed to get one. That was an original RAZR, which I took a liking to. Then I was an early adopter of the iPhone. I had no plans to buy one until I handled one at the Apple Store. About 15 minutes later, I went and gave them $600.

So I've been pulled into mobile.

But I won't touch Facebook, have no ink or piercings, and haven't played a videogame since I had an Intellivision. A few have tried to persuade me to get a console, so I went and looked at them. The Xbox and PS3 seemed like interesting tech. Then I looked at the games and had no idea what I was looking at. They made me feel old. I had no idea what any of them were or how to determine what I'd enjoy.

I realized that I could have more fun playing with the cat. A ball of paper or some feathers on the end of a stick make for good fun.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #24 of 106
I got a 97.  So I guess I relate to that generation, even though it's my daughter's generation. (I'm almost 40)

Also, for context:

I don't have TV reception.  Or a land line.  Both of legs are "socked" with tattoos from the knee down, though I don't have any tattoos anywhere else so many people may not know.  I enjoy video games, though many of my favorite games are years old.  Last night I was playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3, which is from 1999.  I have actively communicated with politicians recently, once through direct contact and once through a petition.  I do self identify as a member of a church, but rated it as not important to be "heavily religious", mostly because of the word "heavily".  I have a stale MySpace account, but will never join Facebook.

I think I lost 3 points for not having any piercings. :wink:

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #25 of 106
I got a 66 but there was some questions that could of went different ways depending on what I decided to do in the last 24 hours so i took it a second time with going the other answer that worked and got a 92. I'm 32 so a late to the party Gen Xer

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #26 of 106
I think one of the reasons that I scored so low, aside from my positively medieval outlook on modern inventions, is that a great portion of the modern activities which I do engage in aren't tested for; for instance, I don't watch programmed television but I do download plenty of movies and watch indie efforts on YouTube or other places.

EDIT: Someone should come up with a graph or chart of how modern people actually are compared to how modern they scored; so far it seems like a person's actual age has very little effect on it, with me being the second-lowest scoring and one of the youngest people to answer.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #27 of 106
38, Gen X-er when i was born in the late 80s.

I wouldn't have a cell phone either.....they gave it to me, then you can upgrade it every 2 years, but if the fancy schmancy ones want $30 data plans forrrgeeetttabouutiitttttt. I'll take whatever POS and get a slick DAP later. Plenty of people have said "Why would you want to be available 24-7? People can bug you at any time they want and you can't use the excuse that you were busy"
wink_face.gif
I like to space out whenever i'm going places, not be bothered, also people use them for the dumbest things "Did you remember to add salt to your dinner"

"I have a stale MySpace account, but will never join Facebook." ^^^ I wanted to be counterculture like that too, but then someone offered free Opening Day tickets and i had to sign up for Facebook
redface.gif
Funny also because i came across a person that shared my name..........

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #28 of 106

Quote:
I realized that I could have more fun playing with the cat. A ball of paper or some feathers on the end of a stick make for good fun.

There's nothing like intra-species fellowship.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #29 of 106

Quote:

There's nothing like intra-species fellowship.

The Millenial analogue being the furry phenomenon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back