How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Dec 22, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #421 of 560
The Hifimans are a single-sided magnet array (vs. a double fluxor for the LCD-4).  I do find the HE1000V2s more comfortable, but I don't have any issues with the LCD-4s either. I can keep both my head for hours without issue.
I really envy you, I couldn't wear the LCD 4's for 20 mins but they sounded terrific. I guess those Sennheisers spoiled me :)

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #422 of 560
I really envy you, I couldn't wear the LCD 4's for 20 mins but they sounded terrific. I guess those Sennheisers spoiled me
smily_headphones1.gif

I really like the HD800S (own them too)...but the LCD-4s are a good step up. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #425 of 560
Well, I'm getting my LCD-3 back from Audeze.

The whole process has been pretty much botched.

If they've done these RMAs before, I would've never guessed.

By the time I get them back, it will have been a month since I requested the RMA.

I'm not sure if I'll even post how much it costs. It's going to deter a lot of buyers if I do.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #428 of 560

Are you sure? We might not be able to sell our LCD-3s if I post this!

Their service experience gives me a lot of insight into the company though.

They dropped the ball several times during this repair.

Please go ahead, we are already disgusted with the failures. This wouldn't make any worser.

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #429 of 560
$500.

But it wasn't just that. It was as if they'd never done a repair before.

They told me they shipped it and then forgot about it, until I reminded them.

Then they didn't ship it via 2-day, even though that's how they always do it (and I even reminded them a few days before).

So basically they botched the whole thing and somehow I didn't get my headphones back by Christmas.

So I'm going to avoid the LCD-4 unless I really want to roll the dice again!

And I reserve the right to delete this post if I need to sell my LCD-3. 
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #430 of 560
  $500.

But it wasn't just that. It was as if they'd never done a repair before.

They told me they shipped it and then forgot about it, until I reminded them.

Then they didn't ship it via 2-day, even though that's how they always do it (and I even reminded them a few days before).

So basically they botched the whole thing and somehow I didn't get my headphones back by Christmas.

So I'm going to avoid the LCD-4 unless I really want to roll the dice again!

And I reserve the right to delete this post if I need to sell my LCD-3. 
wink.gif

$500 is quite a lot. I bought both the HD 600/650 fairly used for that price :wink:

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #431 of 560
Interestingly when I sold my LCD-3 there was only 1 low offer on head-fi. I'm not even sure it was a legitimate offer.

And this for a basically new LCD-3 at 55% of the retail price.

I wonder if the news is getting out about the driver failures.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #433 of 560
  Oh you sold them? I received mine today after the repairs and upgrade. I like them a lot and I'm keeping it.

I did sell them. Once I went to the Focal Utopias, I couldn't go back to the LCD-3.

The Utopias have a whole another dimension in dynamics and bass that you can't live without once you've heard it.

One of those quantum leaps in the hobby.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #434 of 560

I did sell them. Once I went to the Focal Utopias, I couldn't go back to the LCD-3.

The Utopias have a whole another dimension in dynamics and bass that you can't live without once you've heard it.

One of those quantum leaps in the hobby.

Nice that you found your endgame cans.

As for me, I'll not be upgrading anymore. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #435 of 560
Just found this thread having listened to the LCD3s for the first time over the weekend...and loved them!

Thought they demolished the LCD2s and had all the soul that the technically superlative HD800S lacked...

...but then I look at this and see that (ignoring repeat failures), they have nearly a 30% failure rate??? for something that is this expensive and supposed to be high end? I mean this to me sounds worse than the issues people complain about with HiFiMan in terms of reliability and QC?

Surprised the Audiophile media aren't talking about it more TBH and it certainly makes me think twice about buying them now - especially given that they (like everything else worth buying) are insanely overpriced here in New Zealand and I imagine warranty repairs would be a nightmare from here too.

That said, I don't want to feel like I am "settling" for something else given that I loved their sound so much.

Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back