how many people actually check their private messages?
Jun 24, 2001 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Neruda

Banned Moderator
The icon is at the very bottom of the list of forums. I'm just wondering because I've sent a few and there have been no responses, even when those people have been online several times. I don't know if it's just that they haven't gotten around to it or that they don't know there might be messages. Anyway, for those of you who haven't noticed that option, it's there!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2001 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 6
In fact, dhwilkin and I are having a nice conversation (some headphone talk, some non-headphone talk) using PM right now.

It's pretty cool, I think. Especially for those communicating in sort of real time with members who might not use any of the instant messaging clients.

Jun 24, 2001 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 6
Yup, private messages are pretty cool. Uh oh, just realized the acronym for private message is "PMs"...
redface.gif
wink.gif

Darn it, I said I was going to sleep, didn't I? Must... look away... from monitor...

Jun 24, 2001 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 6
I've had a few private messages..........I guess I set the preferences for automatically notifying me because a window popped up and told me there was a message. If I hadn't set it that way, I probably would never have checked. This site is great, but it is definitely more complicated than Headwize. ....................so many options!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2001 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 6
never check them. usually every couple of months I remember, like "ow gosh, 5 unread messages"...just send me an e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back