How many pairs of Headphones did you purchase before you found "The one"?
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #31 of 38

I'm more of a night person so when I do stay up, I always end up making it to about 9 AM before I get oh so tired. Then I fight it. Insomnia must suck though, I get very stressed when I don't sleep, I end up getting red rashes all over the top of my hands that make me look like some type of reptile haha. I learned the hard way. I sleep good now. Marijuana my friend.

Used that medicine for many years bud. Stopped when I had kids.. 

I take other medication off and on as none of them work when you build a tolerance. My bedside rig is my best friend ha 

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #32 of 38
  Used that medicine for many years bud. Stopped when I had kids.. 

I take other medication off and on as none of them work when you build a tolerance. My bedside rig is my best friend ha 

I hate to be doctor Google but have you looked in to things besides Western medicine?

Take this test it might help you out, it did for me.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

Before you say anything these studies are rooted in Buddhism, which has way more history and credibility than Western medicine.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #33 of 38

I hate to be doctor Google but have you looked in to things besides Western medicine?

Take this test it might help you out, it did for me.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

Before you say anything these studies are rooted in Buddhism, which has way more history and credibility than Western medicine.

%100 agree. And thank you.

I got into Zen Buddhism about 5 years ago and it has helped me immensely. Not only with insomnia, but depression as well (they are both related). I discovered it through John Cage who I greatly admire. Even though I can't meditate as much as I would like now, my mind will always be better for it and I would advise anyone who suffers from depression or anxiety related problems to give it a go. You won't get results over night, but you get out what you put in. 

Plus listening to music after you have just meditated and emptied your mind is amazing!  

(soz for the off topic folks :)

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #34 of 38
  %100 agree. And thank you.

I got into Zen Buddhism about 5 years ago and it has helped me immensely. Not only with insomnia, but depression as well (they are both related). I discovered it through John Cage who I greatly admire. Even though I can't meditate as much as I would like now, my mind will always be better for it and I would advise anyone who suffers from depression or anxiety related problems to give it a go. You won't get results over night, but you get out what you put in. 

Plus listening to music after you have just meditated and emptied your mind is amazing!  

(soz for the off topic folks :)

I took 10mg of Estazolam with some Smirnoff that got rid of my anxiety pretty well (lol) except I ended up sleeping for a day and a half instead of staying up all night. All I remember is leaving McDonald's and coming home. It's a wonder how I took that much and stayed up for a little lmao. It's awesome that you're in to stuff like that though, I truly believe that the human body works through chakras. On that test my root chakra was very low which would explain my anxiety.

I haven't tried meditation out of sheer laziness but I will probably get in to it soon.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #35 of 38
I'm more of a night person so when I do stay up, I always end up making it to about 9 AM before I get oh so tired. Then I fight it. Insomnia must suck though, I get very stressed when I don't sleep, I end up getting red rashes all over the top of my hands that make me look like some type of reptile haha. I learned the hard way. I sleep good now. Marijuana my friend.
+1 for marijuana

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #36 of 38
Best sleep I ever had (by far) was when I was smoking marijuana the night before. 

As for finding the "one" headphone, I've never had any interest in that. I like having a headphone harem, cause it's fun for me to have some variety and to allow different phones to serve different purposes. My T1s have traditionally been my movie and techno/EDM music phones...my Grados have been for folk and most of my web surfing...my trusty 1350s go in the car an to the office with me..etc, etc. I've really enjoyed having the harem around, but then something happened. I ordered some Audeze LCD-2s. I sort of figured this might happen, because when it comes to speakers planar magnetics ruined me for all other box speakers - namely the Magnepan line. 

When I took delivery on the Audezes, I listened to them nearly all day, every day, for the first couple of weeks. For the first time ever, I noticed that some of my other phones were actually starting to sound worse and pale in comparison to the Audeze. This was really bumming me out, cause the ones that were most affected were my beloved Grados. The PS500s held up ok, but the GS1ks and 80s took major hits. TheT1s held up pretty well, but the 1350s faltered a bit. And then it got even worse...

It was right around this time that I first heard that Audeze was coming out with two new models. I wasn't sure if I was interested in sending back the 2s for the LCD-3s, but the LCD-X sounded like it was right up my alley. So I sent the 2s back until I could get a few more bucks in the bank, and last week I pulled the trigger on the order. So as excited as I am for the Xs to arrive this coming Tuesday, I can see the fear in the eyes of my other headphones. They are all lying in the corner on the floor, in the fetal position, shaking...it's like they can just sense that the mighty LCD-X is en route. 

So anyway, even though it was not my intention to settle on ONE headphone, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens starting two days from now. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #37 of 38
Alessandro Ms-Pros = Gone
AD 900 = Gone
DT 250 = Gone
HE-500 = Gone
HD 650 = Gone

T90.....staying with me forever.

The other Pair I really liked was the LCD-2....A really different sound, so lush and beautiful to listen to, if the T90's didn't do it for me, they were my next purchase. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #38 of 38
Based on my current inventory:
Koss PortaPro
Sennheiser HD280
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Ohm
Sony MDR-XB500
KRK KNS 6400 (32ohm) <- I returned these within the 30 day return period (purchased in town), They just sounded lifeless & flat ..maybe flat is good for some but it sounded 'boring' to me especially the lack of bass output, even the portapro's have louder bass. 

Other than the KRK's I like all of them, I use the PortaPro's whenever I go out on a walk but otherwise find myself using my XB500's the most, they're ridiculously comfortable and have the cleanest / deepest bass output of the bunch, with a little EQ adjustment they're a pretty potent set of cans overall ( powered by a Go-Vibe v4 w/ AD8397 op-amp + Creative X-Fi sound card)

I can't really say I've found "The one" but I'm happy with my current inventory, I was thinking of trying the Audio Technica ATH-M50S's next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back