how many of you treat your woodies with wax?
Oct 29, 2008 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bce22

100+ Head-Fier
just curious to find out how many owners of wooden headphones treat there woodies with wax (carnuba, etc.).

If so:

1. What phones
2. What product
3. How often

I'm interested to here what you fellow head-fi'ers have to say

Thanks guys/gals

Oct 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bce22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just curious to find out how many owners of wooden headphones treat there woodies with wax (carnuba, etc.).

If so:

1. What phones
2. What product
3. How often

I'm interested to here what you fellow head-fi'ers have to say

Thanks guys/gals

Pledge spray furniture polish should suffice and just as often as it gets sprayed for other uses. One spray on a cloth goes a very long way.

Oct 29, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 11
cool, I have some grado rs-1's. Wonder of a little carnu a wax will make them look better than new. Thanks for sharing the pledge idea.

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 11
Darths get a Carnauba waxing once or twice a year. Better be careful if you wax your RS-1.......it likes to embed itself in the Grado printing - not a good look
smily_headphones1.gif
There is where a light application of liquid wax could be useful

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 11
Did anyone else think certain thoughts from the title of this thread or are these forums so thoroughly audiophile that the immediate thoughts were about audio equipment and wax?

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else think certain thoughts from the title of this thread or are these forums so thoroughly audiophile that the immediate thoughts were about audio equipment and wax?

At first, I thought of something else as well lol.

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 11
yeah, double meaning. I knew what I was doing :wink:

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 11
I wax my headphile HF-1 with Clayton's guitar Carnauba Wax, but personally you may be better off with a different brand... Clayton's is a bit too flakey,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back