how many of you play computer games
Sep 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #46 of 84
i used to play, but thankfully, pretty much grown out of it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #48 of 84
I used to be a huge gamer up till about 2 years ago or so,i now find games have become so boring,badly programmed and a downright rip off that i rarely can be bothered these days.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #50 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still play games, got a decent PC so why not? Far Cry 2 is brilliant, GTA + Crysis.

Brilliant? Far Cry 2 is probably the worst FPS I've played in the past 10 years. It has absolutely nothing on the original.

Read up on the reputation that game has on the web. It's horrendous. It has more bugs than any other game I've ever played. Honestly. You go through one checkpoint and kill everyone, then you drive just barely far enough for the checkpoint to leave your screen, turn your car around and miraculously the checkpoint is full again? Ridiculous. Then you have to factor in getting in and out of your car every five minutes to repair it. Worst concept ever.

When I think of brilliant I think of Half Life 2 and the additional episodes as well as Team Fortress 2. Different strokes I suppose.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #52 of 84
Quote:

Brilliant? Far Cry 2 is probably the worst FPS I've played in the past 10 years. It has absolutely nothing on the original.

I thought Far Cry was terrible.

Quote:

When I think of brilliant I think of Half Life 2 and the additional episodes as well as Team Fortress 2. Different strokes I suppose.

I liked Half Life 2 as well, it's just that Far Cry 2 has the open system that I like. Like Oblivion/Fall Out 3/GTA etc.

Quote:

Honestly. You go through one checkpoint and kill everyone, then you drive just barely far enough for the checkpoint to leave your screen,

Just like every other game eh? If you kill Scorpion in Mortal Combat how come he comes back to life in another round?

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #53 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Read up on the reputation that game has on the web. It's horrendous. It has more bugs than any other game I've ever played. Honestly. You go through one checkpoint and kill everyone, then you drive just barely far enough for the checkpoint to leave your screen, turn your car around and miraculously the checkpoint is full again? Ridiculous. Then you have to factor in getting in and out of your car every five minutes to repair it. Worst concept ever.

Agreed. Good concept of "open" gameplay, but bad implementation. Disappointing game.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #54 of 84
PC gaming is slowing diminishing now. Gaming consoles are too cheap and every game that comes out is made to run on them. PCs become outdated fast and require updates to hardware to run the new games coming out. I liked gaming on my PC for years. I was big into all the badlur's gate games and I will admit I wasted my life away on World of Warcraft for quite some time. My gaming consoles have faded out my PC though.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #55 of 84
^Yeah yeah, PC Gaming has been on it's death bed forever... Yet every day after each console's release yields more of an edge for PC hardware. Yes it's expensive, always has been always will be to be on the cutting edge.

I tried out the Aion open beta myself today, it's very nice.. somewhat of a WoW clone, got it's claws into me until the server started lagging out a few min ago.. I'll try again tomorrow.
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #56 of 84
Aion has done tons of advertising around...it does look nice, I admit. At least for an MMORPG. It's an open beta? I need to try it out, then. No sense in wasting a new custom gaming PC. although my i7 temps are uncommonly high...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #57 of 84
Yeah, it's open beta. I got my key from fileplanet (subbed last month for a couple other betas, cancelled it already) but you should be able to find other places to get one. I think the open beta goes until the 13th.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #59 of 84
Uhm....

Dead Space
Crysis
Company of Heroes
Command and Conquer series
Halo 2
Gears of War
Battlefield series
Mirror's Edge
Half-Life 2
Call of Duty series
Homeworld 2
SWAT 4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Need for Speed series
Burnout Paradise
Sims 2

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #60 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PC gaming is slowing diminishing now. Gaming consoles are too cheap and every game that comes out is made to run on them. PCs become outdated fast and require updates to hardware to run the new games coming out. I liked gaming on my PC for years. I was big into all the badlur's gate games and I will admit I wasted my life away on World of Warcraft for quite some time. My gaming consoles have faded out my PC though.

Consoles have a market but so do PC's. Better graphics, higher resoultion, better interface (keyboard & mouse) You don't need to keep on updating computers, I've had mine a few years and been playing latest PC games. I've only updated GPU once. The PS3 costs three times what I paid for the GPU upgrade. Some games on consoles are shadow of the PC self (Oblivion, Fall Out)

And forget things like DCS Black Shark on console
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back