How many of you head-fi'ers love vinyl like I do?
Nov 1, 2008 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
I haven't seen any recent threads about this so I had to ask the question: how man of you love the sound of vinyl? Along with the very nature of head-fi comes the need for portability, so I imagine many of you lean towards the convenience of digital media. I still love my iPod/DT770 Pro-80s for a lot of electronic music and rock, but there are so many albums that I think sound absolutely phenomenal on a loudspeaker system on vinyl, particularly a lot of the older analog recordings that were converted to digital very poorly.

So are any of you into vinyl? And do you make vinyl rips of your albums so you can listen to them on your mobile hi-fi setups?

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 8
Me. Sure I play a good amount of FLAC/CD/SACD, but some music just sounds RIGHT with analog gear and recordings. Example: Deep Purple, The Grateful Dead, and Pink Floyd. To me, good, thick, clean VINYL copies of their stuff beats out the SACD. I'm a 2 channel guy, and love my vinyl. Reel to Reel also, but its much harder to find decently priced tape and it does require a bit more patience when it comes to maintenance and repair of the decks.

But yeah, I play my Pro-Ject TT through my Little Dot and Grados and I'm right where I wanna be!
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 8
I just got back into Vinyl a couple of months ago and am loving it.
I've already bought about 50+ (haven't counted) new and used vinyl records and only 2 CDs since I got the TT.

-- Sanjay

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunseeker888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me. Sure I play a good amount of FLAC/CD/SACD, but some music just sounds RIGHT with analog gear and recordings. Example: Deep Purple, The Grateful Dead, and Pink Floyd. To me, good, thick, clean VINYL copies of their stuff beats out the SACD. I'm a 2 channel guy, and love my vinyl. Reel to Reel also, but its much harder to find decently priced tape and it does require a bit more patience when it comes to maintenance and repair of the decks.

But yeah, I play my Pro-Ject TT through my Little Dot and Grados and I'm right where I wanna be!
biggrin.gif

This.

Except I haven't gotten into reel. Yet. Tempting, but am holding back to concentrate on vinyl and SACD.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 8
I don't!
Like vinyl a lot, but don't seem like I am on par with you..

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 8
I like vinyl very much but the gear makes it nonloveable. The future is in vinyl, I tell you!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back