How many of you have had a hearing test in the last year?
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 13
I did one on july and got a -4 dBa hearing, whatever that means, but the docter says its "normal" so I not worried about it.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 13
How much does something like this cost?

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 13
not entirely sure, but some audiologists will do it for free, at least it was the last time I went, which was few years ago. I went into a privately run local audiologist to ask how much it was, and it was free the first time. I guess is part of the business - they check your ears and if you've a problem they sell you a solution.  

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 13
I had a hearing test done when I visited my ENT a few months ago for an ear infection.  Despite my ears being plugged up, with everything sounding muffled, the doc still said I had above average hearing - go figure

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 13
I checked my hearing last October, can't remember the exact date. Audiologist said I have excellent hearing - well above average - but only the 250 Hz - 8 kHz range was tested. I can't hear above 15.5-16 kHz and my hearing in my leaft ear above 12 kHz is quite bad - cymbal crashes sound pretty dull through that ear.

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 13
Just Had my required yearly test.......The   Audiologist said my hearing was still GREAT for my age (58)!  He looked at me strangely when I said, "I have to protect my hearing, because I'm an Audiophile"!!!  "It's" my lifelong hobby/passion.........His reply finally was "Oh, your one of those guy's who really has special gear, to hear music"!  (Special Gear) Now that was a 1st!!!     Protect your ears people
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #13 of 13
Hearing test taken a month ago. ENT says I have OK hearing, however I have a feeling of pressure within my eardrums which makes sound sound distant & muffled at times. He tells me I have sinus infection and a constant clogging of the Eustachian Tube.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back