How many heads of garlic do you use?
May 3, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #31 of 35
If you don't like a curry too hot then omit the teaspoon of chillie powder and just stick to the 8 green chillies. Also be careful to choose medium strength chillies and not the ones that blow your head off.

You ideally want a chille that falls between 20,000 - 40,000 scovilles. If you like it really hot then go for something like a scotch bonnet or Thai Chille in the 100,000-350,000 scoville bracket.

Pinkie.

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #32 of 35
If I’m making the traditional Italian garlic/olive oil pasta dish, I tend to use a lot of garlic because it’s cooked.

If I’m making Middle Eastern style dishes like Hummus and Baba Ghanoush, I’ll add much less garlic because it’s raw.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #33 of 35
If I’m making the traditional Italian garlic/olive oil pasta dish, I tend to use a lot of garlic because it’s cooked.

If I’m making Middle Eastern style dishes like Hummus and Baba Ghanoush, I’ll add much less garlic because it’s raw.

Well I'm surprised it only took 17 yrs to revive this garlic thread. I think I was playing snake on my Nokia flip phone around this time. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back