How Many Cds/Lps Do You Own?
Nov 6, 2002 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
This post follows a similar one in the Headphone forum:

How many CDs/LPs do you own?

Also, how many CDs/LPs do you buy a week?

I usually buy 2-5 CDs (some LPs) per week. My collection includes what I currently own (about 1,500 CDs, down to 75-100 LPs) and what I've sold/traded (at least 1,000-2,000 CDs and 750-1,000 LPs).

Nov 6, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 51
well, I've been kinda stuck on the same number of CDs lately. just as many have come in as have gone out. over the past few moths I've sold about 50 old ones I simply didn't enjoy listening to anymore.

so, currently I have about 75 CDs, 10 of which I'm not sure if I'll keep em or not.

and I tend to buy about 3 or 4 a month, sometimes more when I'm buying cheaper Cds (oldies for instance), sometimes less when I'm buying new ones at the wrong store (
rolleyes.gif
)

I have no interest in keeping everything I buy. I like keeping one (60 CD) rack filled with favourites I listen to a lot, and keep the entire rack in rotation, while keeping the others "in storage". I thoroughly cleaned out the "storage tho....but it did allow me to check some odd-ball stuff from the money it got me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 51
I now have about 7,000 Cds and a bit less than 16,000 records.I have been giving away a lot of records trying to get that number down to about 10,000.I have probably had 150,000 records,tapes and cds pass through my hands over the years.I have stopped selling music and choose to give it away instead.

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 51
I have only about 85-90 CDs, each of which I love. I'd have about 30 more if Visa would stop jacking around with my latest order. ...

My to-buy list far outstrips my funds. I need to stop buying hi-fi equipment so I can buy more music. That stupid 'How much has Head-Fi made you spend?' thread made me realize I've spent almost $1200 on gear this year and only abot $400 on music. That ratio isn't what it should be for me -- well, actually, both of those numbers are way too high, but frankly I'd probably get more enjoyment out of $1200 worth of music and $400 worth of gear than as it is.

kerely

Nov 7, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I now have about 7,000 Cds and a bit less than 16,000 records.I have been giving away a lot of records trying to get that number down to about 10,000.I have probably had 150,000 records,tapes and cds pass through my hands over the years.I have stopped selling music and choose to give it away instead.

Wow. Where/how do you store a collection this size?

Just think, if you play ten CDs a day from your collection, you would get through it all in a little less than two years. . . .

Nov 7, 2002 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 51
~200: about 100 of which are out in my main rack by stereo. The rest are in Case Logic cases and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with them sell them or keep them.

(I also have about 150 CDs I downloaded from UberNet, I know I feel bad, but the ones I like I will buy the CD eventually
evil_smiley.gif
)

Zin

Nov 7, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 51
About 600 Commercial and over 800 live bootlegs.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #11 of 51
My cd collection is slowing building up. But I have a much larger collection of music on my computer. I have enough mp3 to play non-stop music for almost a month without repeating.
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Do the math you can get a rough figure of the number of cds i have in mp3 format.
biggrin.gif
(hint, my 60gig is full
wink.gif
).

Nov 7, 2002 at 9:14 AM Post #13 of 51
tuberoller wins!
only about 350 cds here. Then again, can any of you have imagined owning three hundred pieces of music and then a thousand? My collection still boggles my mind.
md

Nov 7, 2002 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 51
100 cd's, 60 lp's.

The number aren't indicative at all, the cd collection dates back 9 years while I've scooped up this much vinyl in the last few months. Yesterday was the first time I've bought a cd in 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back