How loud should I do burn-in's for the A900?
Mar 24, 2006 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
i just want to leave it running all night. But When i went 75% on volume, I can already hear the music outside....is that normal? ( note, the cans was on the desk..not my ears).

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 8
i burnt mine in at a slightly higher volume than i listen to... which would be a little higher than the loudest volume i would listen to my music normally, just as long as i dont max turn it up to the max volume on my receiver...

When i play my headphones through my receiver at a fairly loud volume, and they are off my ears i can hear them across the room and from other rooms as well... they are like little mini speakers, volume wise...

you shouldnt be too concerned about burn-in, a lot of people just burn their headphones in while they listen to their music... to some people burn-in really doesnt do anything much, and to others it cleans up the sound or changes slightly... dont expect a huge black and white difference...

just enjoy your music
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by )v(ajin_R_
When i play my headphones through my receiver at a fairly loud volume, and they are off my ears i can hear them across the room and from other rooms as well... they are like little mini speakers, volume wise...

That's from the A900s? That can't be good for them...

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 8
I would burn them in at a slightly louder than normal listening volume (per individual listening habits) for around 100 hours. They sounded pretty good OOTB to me.

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
That's from the A900s? That can't be good for them...

it gets pretty loud but it still plays everything very clearly... once you turn the volume up a little bit more it starts to distort slightly, my fairly loud maybe your very loud, but i cant stand loud volumes at all from it through my PC, on my receiver it gets very loud and its still listenable... so on my receiver about 1/4 - 1/2 volume is the loudest before it becomes "unhealthy" so to speak for the headphones...

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 8
I was amazed by how easy to drive the A700s were. Got really loud out of a 4th gen iPod Mini. I never burnt them in, but they do seem to get warmer as I use them. I say just keep listening to them and listen to how the sound changes. It's pretty fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back