How long for a CD to burn in?
Aug 30, 2009 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all. Have anyone ever noticed a change in the sound of a cd after playing it a couple of times?
I noticed that some cds can sound pretty cold and dry in the first couple of times playing...but after a few times they get more smooth and warm sounding.
this change is more audible in some cds and less audible with others.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 68
like this you mean? might wanna turn down the heating system.

cd.jpg

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 68
I'm not sure if this post is parody or not. I'm sure you would find the same thing if you converted your CD to flac immediately, and 'burned in' the flac files. Sometimes new music feels weird and strange, and you have to teach your brain to accept it. Sometimes music sounds best when your brain doesn't quite accept it ^^

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 68
uhmmm i think this might be placebo or something else changing in the system. The player might change more than the cd itself unless they were as bad as leeperrys cd. But then again, they would probably skip before changing in tonality
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 68
common guys...there must be some change in the meterial of a cd when it gets hit by the laser all the time. probably in the atoms arrangment or something...

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 68
when the laser hits it warms the cd up, making the cd have more ambitions and go-ahead spirit to deliver a great track

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 68
I know how it sounds, but in fact I really am noticing some very minor differences after a few times I play a cd. don't know if it is related directly to the cd itself, but the differences are there indeed.

can someone give a proof that this kind of "burn in" DOESN'T exits?

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 68
Have you tried the green marker trick?

Did you know that hanging a CD from your rearview mirror can make you "invisible" to police radar? If you've ever seen one hanging there in a car, now you know why.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you know that hanging a CD from your rearview mirror can make you "invisible" to police radar? If you've ever seen one hanging there in a car, now you know why.

interesting...is this for real?
green marker trick...heard it mentioned in another thread somewhere...can you explain?

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that one at least has some attempt of a scientific explanation. Its sort of similar to using asio/wasapi
biggrin.gif
The green ink makes it closer to bitperfect because supposedly less laser leakage occurs (meaning less of a need for error correction) because of the complementary color green used to block the red from leaking out hehehe

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know how it sounds, but in fact I really am noticing some very minor differences after a few times I play a cd. don't know if it is related directly to the cd itself, but the differences are there indeed.

can someone give a proof that this kind of "burn in" DOESN'T exits?

maybe its just ur scource, amp and phones that are burning in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back