How long do grado lasts?
Apr 25, 2006 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
I'm a little worried about my sr60s breaking on me. I've heard a few stories about grados, mainly the sr60, breaking and my friend's recently broke. Sr60 isnt to me the best build cans. I was wondering how long should I expect my sr60 to last? I take real good care of them and treat them like fragile glass.

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 8
The headband on the sr60 tends to give out long before anything else, which is a shame. Whatever the material is, it's crap. It can be replaced though. Other than that, I think they re pretty solid in the cups and stuff. You can always replace the pads too. Other competitively priced cans may be built better, but will not likely sound as good.

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Well, let's see now... I've had my SR-200s since 1993 and it's 2006 now... Hmmm, I'd say the hold up pretty well, mine are still pretty much like new!

Apr 25, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 8
it seems like those two small plastic pieces which hold the driver housings in place aren't very sturdy. with all that rotating it seems like it will wear down quickly and become loose. anyone have that problem?

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn
it seems like those two small plastic pieces which hold the driver housings in place aren't very sturdy. with all that rotating it seems like it will wear down quickly and become loose. anyone have that problem?

I already have this problem with the left housing on my HF-1. It's not a huge problem, but in the middle of the metal pin, it's much more loose than it was. Can Grado fix this issue for me?

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 8
According to Grado Labs, their drivers will break as soon as you attempt to play bass-heavy music through them:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ght=Grado+Labs

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back