how long can the triple fi last?
Nov 16, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 46
Mines still running strong since 14th Nov. 08.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroBBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mines still running strong since 14th Nov. 08.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL..
Actually, how durable is the whole UE line?

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 46
The longest time you will get for an answer is around 2 years - that's how long TF10 is on the market.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 46
Depend on how you use it. Abuse it and surely it will fail early (i doubt that since it's build like a tank, even making UM2 look fragile).

My old mylar X3 still running great with all the abuse it suffered all these 3 years. And yet they are people complaining regarding the bad build quality. It make me wonder.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depend on how you use it. Abuse it and surely it will fail early (i doubt that since it's build like a tank, even making UM2 look fragile).

My old mylar X3 still running great with all the abuse it suffered all these 3 years. And yet they are people complaining regarding the bad build quality. It make me wonder.

err, i am not interested in your x3, more in your TF10, lol.....

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 46
my super.fis were little tanks. had em for 2 years and they were built tough. sold em and have had no complaint about them.

these triples feel just as solid.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 46
BTW, I have mine since April 14, 08.

SE530 has cable, TF10 has cable-earpieces connector, UM2 has nozzle base (so is ER4). There are problem everywhere if you look around (but the frequency is different).

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #12 of 46
I don't hear to many people talking about the tf10's having cable-earpieces connector but I sure hear about shure's having cable problems on at least a weekly basis I would not be surprised if there was a post about it on the front page of the sub forum right now.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #14 of 46
well i've had mine for almost a year now. and they're fine. good as new. but i keep them in the little case that comes with it, which i'm sure not many ppl do, so theirs probably won't be in as pristine condition as mine.

also, the driver housing's plastic so i doubt there would be much scratching unless you rubbed against smt really hard
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets leave it at this the tf10 is built way better then the shure 530's I know so many people who have issues with the cable and other things glad I got rid of mine
smily_headphones1.gif

i refute that, i think the shures are built better, designed better, and are as solid as anything else out there,when i had the triple fi there was noticeable gluing on the cable grip and the housings on the super fi series which is essentially the same design has been known to be a little week. the poor cable of earlier se530 models was a design flaw of the cables, not the earphones. notice how all the problems with the triple fi are to do with the housings and connectors and the majority of shure problems are of those that purchased earlier models. i also bet you would have more problems getting ultimate ears to exchange your broken housings than shure replacing cables. you see shure recognised the problem and did a good job by resolving the problem, theres been plenty of housing problems throughout the super fi line and what did ultimate ears do, they designed the triple fi the exact same way...problem not solved, i have not had any problems with the triple fi personally but you have to take into consideration the build design, its obvious that the triple fi wastes more space inside the earphones because they are huge and that wasted space means its more hollow, and hollow space is weaker than filled space.

evidence of that is here

http://raizo.daa.jp/images/superfi5broke.jpg

http://www.envimon.com/francis/superfi3.jpg

and there have been many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back