How is the sansa e280?
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

deadly55

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a ipod nano and it freezes all of the time, now to the point where I can't reset it. The e280 seems really good, I'd only really use it for music playing.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 26
I owned a v1 E280, last year.

The good: Bang for the buck, MicroSD slot, Rockboxable (v1's only), MTP or MSC mode with OF.

The bad: Ths scroll wheel (I didn't like it too much) v2's (which you can't tell in advance) is not Rockboxable, MicroSD with OF is 2GB max. I also think the SQ is lacking, even with Rockbox - Fuze / Clip are supposed to be better, as per posts I've seen here.

Video is not great either, but it sounds like that's not an issue for you. The main reason why I sold mine with the sub-par SQ, just an FYI.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 26
Well then, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well then, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

?

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find my ipod ear buds to be more then good enough.

At least take Creative EP-630 or Sennheiser CX300 or J-Jays, the sound is much much better for little price.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 26
I got a refurbished one off woot a few months back and it's a great bang-for-buck player. After putting rockbox on it did everything I wanted it to from a firmware standpoint. Battery life is decent, though it does seem a bit shorter when playing lossless files. It actually felt pretty durable for such a cheap player, a few drops already and it's still running smoothly.

The only major negative for me is the sound quality. It sounds great with the ksc75, but there is a noticeable hiss on the e2c and it doesn't have enough power to drive the PK1 or MS1. But if ipod ear buds sound fine for you then this should be no problem... though I would suggest a trip to our headphones' section.
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e280 v2 sounds good, microsdhc accepted natively

e280 v1 sound is terrible, microsdhc accepted through rockbox.

Yes, version 2 sounds pretty good. Version 1 is good enough for listening to audiobooks or watching videos (if you want to watch on that tiny screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back