How is the lockdown status on your place?
Dec 8, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #46 of 85
A 90 year old woman just got a dose of the vaccine in the UK. This is historical ! Tell this to your grandchildren.

Vaccines are expected to arrive in Canada very soon! ...( as in next week ! )

Hats off to Canada. You’re doin good

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #48 of 85
^ If you’re nervous about sloppy people not masking, protect yourself by wearing TWO MASKS and wear a face shield. Also bring your own hand sanitizer and wear gloves...... Basically dress up like a healthcare worker.

Thats what I do here in America. So many sloppy people here but I’m not scared because I have my armor!....woo hoo!!!

Dec 15, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #49 of 85
^ If you’re nervous about sloppy people not masking, protect yourself by wearing TWO MASKS and wear a face shield. Also bring your own hand sanitizer and wear gloves...... Basically dress up like a healthcare worker.

Thats what I do here in America. So many sloppy people here but I’m not scared because I have my armor!....woo hoo!!!
That reminds me of the double bagger :D Should not be discussed in a family forum :wink:

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #50 of 85
Over on another thread, guy was talking about showing off (passing around) his iem’s at an office Christmas party (USA based). We’ll never get the death rate down with these attitudes. We won’t even be seeing our grandkids this Christmas and they live in the same city. Vaccine or not, social distancing and masks are for the foreseeable future.

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #52 of 85
Germany is going to a hard lockdown starting today. Just allowed to leave the house for life necessary things (e.g. supermarket, doctor appointment, work,...). Not essential stores are closed. Luckily most people wearing masks correctly.

I'm currently in Brasil and here it's quite the opposite. Nearly every store, restaurant, etc. is open. looks crazy for me as a german. But most people also take care, but in my opinion less than in Germany.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #53 of 85
First vaccine given here today to an icu doctor. Very limited quantity. Enough for 900 front liners and rightly so. Lockdown here is starting to show results. We just need people to follow the rules over Christmas.

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #56 of 85
Very quiet on our street over Christmas. Enjoyed a Zoom present opening with the Grandkids. We are in a lockdown until approx Jan 8. It will probably be extended.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #58 of 85
I heard about a fraudulent vaccination in New York under investigation. I thought they were injecting them with placebo.

They allegedly obtained the vaccine fraudulently and were administering it to the public when it's currently under limited distribution. It wasn't a placebo.

Dec 29, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #59 of 85
If they estimate 20 mil to be vaccinated by the end of the year, can we estimate how long it will take for the rest of the population?

Question is, how long does it take to produce 20 mil vaccines? We can extrapolate from this info.

I guess another question is, since we are dealing with virus, it's always mutating which is a problem, and does these vaccines able to even mutated ones? Or these vaccines not work on new viruses that's been popping up?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back