How is the lockdown status on your place?
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #31 of 85
Well, a vaccine has now been found. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

WOO HOO!!!
A flickering light until more long term data is available. The reports that covid antibodies decline by 25% after just a few months, in individuals aged over 60, implies that the long term future may well be that the elderly and at-risk individuals, need to take an annual covid vaccine, just like they do for flu today. Nevertheless this could be a good step forward.

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #32 of 85
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #33 of 85
Well, a vaccine has now been found. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

WOO HOO!!!

There were only 94 cases (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html) reviewed by the FDA panel. The 90% success rate was based on these 94 cases. But they were not specific on what was successful and what was not successful. Also the doses have to be kept in a very cold container. What temperature is cold enough? Its one thing to do it with 94 volunteers. It would be a nightmare with thousands in the US, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The middle of next year is probably very optimistic.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #34 of 85
There were only 94 cases (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html) reviewed by the FDA panel. The 90% success rate was based on these 94 cases. But they were not specific on what was successful and what was not successful. Also the doses have to be kept in a very cold container. What temperature is cold enough? Its one thing to do it with 94 volunteers. It would be a nightmare with thousands in the US, Argentina, Brazil, and Germany. The middle of next year is probably very optimistic.
Ok I have an idea. What about including it in icy tall glasses of fresh beer? This could really work! :D

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #35 of 85
It could be distributed door to door in a pocket here in Winnipeg in the winter. It would stay a nice -20 to -30.

Nov 10, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #37 of 85
No problem!

1605047744083.png

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #38 of 85
So there's a second vaccine that is also effective. Moderna's I think is better and should be free.

"The United States government provided $1 billion in support for the design and testing of the Moderna vaccine. Researchers at the National Institutes of Health oversaw much of the research, including the clinical trials. Moderna also received an additional $1.5 billion in exchange for 100 million doses if the vaccine proved to be safe and effective."

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #40 of 85
^ It’s gonna be great. Even fun. My arm is ready for the needle.

Coincidently, I was vaccinated a few years ago when I visited Haiti to do volunteer work since the country is known for illnesses. It was great. I didn’t get sick.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #41 of 85
Who will get vaccinated first?

COVID-19 shots could reach first Americans by mid-December, top health official says.

U.S. healthcare workers and others recommended for the nation’s first COVID-19 inoculations could start getting shots within a day or two of regulatory consent next month, a top official of the government’s vaccine development effort said on Sunday.

Some 70% of the U.S. population of 330 million would need to be inoculated to achieve “herd” immunity from the virus, a goal the country could achieve by May, according to Dr. Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific adviser for “Operation Warp Speed.”

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #43 of 85
We’ve gone from one of the lowest cases in N America to one of the worst. One city has 40% infection rate. Religious zealots and freedom of choice driving it. The hospitals are full. Come on vaccine!

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #44 of 85
I’ve heard on the radio that recent years of previous research has helped the speed of developing the vaccine.

Yes, in 2020 I do listen to analog radio.

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #45 of 85
Lockdown is is pointless without locking down schools and colleges as that is where most of the cases round here are coming from. What concerns me, I am arranging all my documents through https://thewordpoint.com/services/certified/birth-certificates - prepare them for visa once all this Covid stuff ends. The thing is whilst the virus is massively out of control.. schools will close in mass numbers for year bubbles throughout this winter term anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back