How is the lockdown status on your place?
Nov 7, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #16 of 85
Here in Germany there's a partial lock-down the whole November. By partial I mean, schools remain open, transport seems to be working normally ( I hate that people on the bus dont take care of safe distancing). Restaurants remain open just for delivery or to pick-up and go. Work dont really know, some places they work via home office

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #17 of 85
There is a partial lockdown in my country too. The government is talking about the full lockdown from the next week. It seems to me that it will happen. Restaurants are closed. You can only order food and take it away

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #18 of 85
Here in France, things are much the same as for @gerelmx1986 in Germany.
The initial lockdown in the spring was slightly scary - my employers shifted to full teleworking, which was easier than expected, but a bit depressing, so I read articles about how to mitigate the issues caused by sitting in a home-office all day, every day. Simple things like trying to sit in the garden for a cup of coffee first thing (so that the daylight resets the circadian clock), then prepare nutritious food and eat it in the garden at dinnertime (catch enough sunlight to generate some vitamin D), then go for a walk in the evening, all helped to lift the spirits. Overall this reduced winter lockdown is less scary, but the winter weather will make it harder to sit out in the garden - but at least I feel much better prepared.

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #21 of 85
Here in France, things are much the same as for @gerelmx1986 in Germany.
The initial lockdown in the spring was slightly scary - my employers shifted to full teleworking, which was easier than expected, but a bit depressing, so I read articles about how to mitigate the issues caused by sitting in a home-office all day, every day. Simple things like trying to sit in the garden for a cup of coffee first thing (so that the daylight resets the circadian clock), then prepare nutritious food and eat it in the garden at dinnertime (catch enough sunlight to generate some vitamin D), then go for a walk in the evening, all helped to lift the spirits. Overall this reduced winter lockdown is less scary, but the winter weather will make it harder to sit out in the garden - but at least I feel much better prepared.
I bought one of those SAD Lamps last week for the winter, it gets dark here already soon in Nordic, so this is helping a lot!

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #22 of 85
According to the BBC lockdowns are returning to some countries. I think it can be a good thing.

After the plague I will still continue to wear masks like in crowded subways, buses and airplanes. Mostly to reduce germ contact.

Nov 8, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #23 of 85
Same, this thing isn't going away anytime soon. I started to workout with masks in the gym since 3 weeks now, was difficult initially but keeps my mind safe at the end of the day!

Nov 8, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 85
I think masks do help but not for healthy people. The mask is supposed to reduce the amount of virus going out rather than the amount coming in.

Nov 8, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #27 of 85
We thought we had it beat here on the prairies in the early summer. People went off the rails and now we have +9 infection rate. Our personal care homes are a disaster with mass spread. We are now in a lockdown that has too many flaws. i.e. churches are still 15% or 100 people abd schools are open. My daughter is a teacher and every day is like Russian Roulette. Winter will soon be here in force -30C which will have many inside. Isolation is the only cure at present. Thank God for our hobby!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #28 of 85
I think masks do help but not for healthy people. The mask is supposed to reduce the amount of virus going out rather than the amount coming in.

You might feel healthy but already be contagious, that's why universal mask use is important.

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #29 of 85
You might feel healthy but already be contagious, that's why universal mask use is important.
That's a good point :)

I always wear one but I see a lot of people not wearing them and I think that's inconsiderate and possibly dangerously irresponsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back