How Is The Headphone Output Quality of the McIntosh C2200 Tube Preamp?
Jun 7, 2004 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nightfall

Headphoneus Supremus
Earlier today, I was asked a question by a friend with strong audiophile leanings. I've been trying to convert him to the headphone realm with a fair bit of early success. When he was last visiting my area, he listened to my system and cans and got quite interested.
At any rate, he is looking at purchasing some new equipment and asked how about the McIntosh C2200 preamplifier and the quality of its headphone output. Clearly, I have no idea, but I told him I would ask you, the assembled multitudes of headphone audio wisdom the question.
I'm hoping someone knows. Thanks.

JC

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Earlier today, I was asked a question by a friend with strong audiophile leanings. I've been trying to convert him to the headphone realm with a fair bit of early success. When he was last visiting my area, he listened to my system and cans and got quite interested.
At any rate, he is looking at purchasing some new equipment and asked how about the McIntosh C2200 preamplifier and the quality of its headphone output. Clearly, I have no idea, but I told him I would ask you, the assembled multitudes of headphone audio wisdom the question.
I'm hoping someone knows. Thanks.

JC

I believe that the headphone-out on the C2200 pre-amp has it's own dedicated "circuit". I had one of these for a while and even tried the headphone-out on it -- and it was pretty good to my ears. You'd have to spend a pretty penny to beat it using a stand-alone headphone amp.

--Jatinder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back