1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How is Ibasso D-ZERO?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by arthur33333, Nov 12, 2011.
  1. Arthur33333
    I know it's new production. So I'm not so sure whether I should buy it. I'm just looking for a portable DAC/AMP around $100-150. My headphone is SR80I, and I just bought Creative HD50. I need some suggestions. Thank your guys in advance.

2. SemperMalum

Quote:

Most reviews point at it as being very competitive against both the E7 and the E11 from Fiio. However, Fiio is also working on releasing the E17 in January, so if you're able to wait, I'd check out the reviews on that first before I make a purchase.

Were you needing it like now?

3. ClieOS Contributor
    The amp section is not quite as good as E11. But as a whole (with DAC considered), it is better than E7. If you budget is only up to $150, E17 might be a bit out of your range as the estimated price is closer to $175 or so (unconfirmed yet).

4. SemperMalum

Quote:

Right, the E17's price is much higher than the E7 and E11. But, if he is able to wait until January, the option of setting aside some extra money outside of the original 100-150 range is always there. Main reason why I asked if he needs it now or can wait until later.

5. Arthur33333
    Thanks. I think I could wait extra 2 month.... Time is not a problem, the money is.

6. AxelCloris Administrator
    Reviving an old thread.

Arthur, what did you end up deciding? I'm in the same boat looking for a portable USB DAC/amp for use wimy laptop and iPhone 4. Did you end up purchasing anything or are you waiting on the E17? I've been tossing around both the D-zero and E7 myself.

~Axel

7. Arthur33333
    Hi Alex, I end up my purchasing cause some unexpected cost in my life--I bought a speaker instead.....

8. ClieOS Contributor
    I'll be receiving an early sample of E17 next week.. Will give a first impression on how E17 vs. D-zero if I can receive it on time..

9. AxelCloris Administrator
    Oh awesome. I've been looking forward to hearing your first impressions of the E17. I know it won't really be an equal comparison with the D-zero since it was designed to compete with the E7 but if the battery life, dac quality and amp power are that much better I'd rather invest and get that upgrade. Plus it can still pair with an E9.

I'll keep an eye out for it!

10. SemperMalum

Quote:

Holy mother of god. Yes.

11. kamikaziH2Omln
    So, I'd suspect you'd have both by now. What's the verdict?

12. ClieOS Contributor
    Here is what I have posted about E17 vs. D-zero in my E17 review here.

Quote: