How I got rid of the rubber band once and for all
Aug 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

haoyuan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, would like to share this little hack that I came up with (maybe someone else thought of this too).

Carrying AMP + DAP to go, the most annoying thing for me is still the rubber band. It always gets in the way, and even if they're outside of the screen they make most swipe gestures impossible that requires swiping from outside of the screen (notification, unhide home buttons, etc). Also they accumulate oil over time and will leave some really nasty marks even though I just wiped the screen.

I had some initial reservations about using these pads in the beginning so I gave it about 2 weeks of through testing and I'm glad to say they're holding up REALLY WELL. Fiio X5 and A5 will get really hot during charge and play simultaneously and I'm glad even as hot it as it gets it doesn't really melt or change the characteristics of the sticky pads in any way. I wasn't too scared to try because the glass back of the X5 has a layer of screen protector applied. Since these pads are advertised in car use (hot & cold and used on electronics) I wasn't too worried.

The pads can be pulled apart with some force, and they will remain sticky if you don't get them dirty. If you do get them dirty, just give them a quick rinse and it'll be good as new. I got the ones with small grid so I can measure and cut to the exact specifications of my player. I even cut a separate piece to hold the memory card pin.

Anyway, I got my pads here, there are bunch of alternatives on Amz but this one seems to be the best because you get 2 pads to try and also they're just slightly bigger than a normal DAP player.

http://amzn.to/2wlArBO

Let me know if you try it, I have to say it's positively changed my life.

IMG_5532.JPG IMG_0325.JPG IMG_3552.JPG IMG_0046.JPG

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello all, would like to share this little hack that I came up with (maybe someone else thought of this too).

Carrying AMP + DAP to go, the most annoying thing for me is still the rubber band. It always gets in the way, and even if they're outside of the screen they make most swipe gestures impossible that requires swiping from outside of the screen (notification, unhide home buttons, etc). Also they accumulate oil over time and will leave some really nasty marks even though I just wiped the screen.

I had some initial reservations about using these pads in the beginning so I gave it about 2 weeks of through testing and I'm glad to say they're holding up REALLY WELL. Fiio X5 and A5 will get really hot during charge and play simultaneously and I'm glad even as hot it as it gets it doesn't really melt or change the characteristics of the sticky pads in any way. I wasn't too scared to try because the glass back of the X5 has a layer of screen protector applied. Since these pads are advertised in car use (hot & cold and used on electronics) I wasn't too worried.

The pads can be pulled apart with some force, and they will remain sticky if you don't get them dirty. If you do get them dirty, just give them a quick rinse and it'll be good as new. I got the ones with small grid so I can measure and cut to the exact specifications of my player. I even cut a separate piece to hold the memory card pin.

Anyway, I got my pads here, there are bunch of alternatives on Amz but this one seems to be the best because you get 2 pads to try and also they're just slightly bigger than a normal DAP player.

http://amzn.to/2wlArBO

Let me know if you try it, I have to say it's positively changed my life.

I like hearing your views on this...I have the rubber bands on the rig, but I too am wondering about a better less obtrusive solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back