how have you benefited from headfi?
Oct 19, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 32
(takes wallet throws it across the room, grabs knives, stabs wallet, flushes wallet down toilet, runs wallet over, pours acid on wallet)

thanks head-fi ; )

Oct 19, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #18 of 32
i have made new friends, especially lojay, permonic and trevornetwork.
i have confirmed my love of good music.
i have tried out lots of stuff and now own a high quality rig.
i pay more attention to the lyrics and meaning of a song.
my ears have been trained to pick out stuff most people can't hear or not normally aware of.

Oct 19, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Thanks to Head-Fi, I spend much, much, less time outside of my home which greatly cuts down on my chances of being hit by a bus.

LOL
biggrin.gif

Same here, aside from the wallet damage ofcourse...

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 32
Dude that's harsh - it if makes you feel any better, I think your work inside my Solo deserves the "Pink Floyd 2004 Solo Turbo" award for excellence. I for one am glad you're a part of head-fi, since not only do I have physical evidence of how much you rock and bring to the table for my cans, but I always enjoy reading your opinions here too.

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
The best benefit that I got from headfi is meeting you guys. This is first & by far the best forum I have been in ever. Id also like to mention that this is the most expensive?
tongue.gif

I thought this was the most expensive until I got into buying L lenses and DSLR cameras.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Know you guys know why I have been selling off some of my audio gear.
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #25 of 32
I've learned a great deal about audio in general, and especially headphone audio. I guess that's obvious.

However, the thing that is a present surprise to me is the people that I've met. At both the Detroit and Chicago meets, I've met some great folks...and even more online.

I've also learned to touch type much better than I used to.
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
(takes wallet throws it across the room, grabs knives, stabs wallet, flushes wallet down toilet, runs wallet over, pours acid on wallet)

thanks head-fi ; )

Did you take your identification and cash out before?
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:21 AM Post #29 of 32
Met a bunch of great people.
Learned a lot of technical things audio and specifically headphone related.
Discovered some CD's I wouldn't have otherwise
Got a new hobby (electronics DIY)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back