How happy would I be with this new setup?
Jul 20, 2005 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JimmyDean

Head-Fier
Currently, I have MS1s. My source is my computer, with a wave 8/24 sound card. This card is full 24bit/96khz supportive. Im running its output into my receiver, which Im using to power my headphones. To me, this sounds very good. I just graduated from high school, and have a few options as to a gift. Here is one I'm considering.

First thing I would do is get MS2s. Then, build myself a PIMETA, possibly with a STEPS power supply. It would use all the highest components, dale resistors, black gate caps (if they still make them), 24 position ladder attenuator. I would then want to get a DAC. I was lookin on ebay at some of the audio alchemy dacs, they look nice. Then, Id run a chaintech av-710 using toslink with bit-perfect output. Bam, theres my setup. Would give me an eargasm over my current setup?

Jul 20, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #2 of 4
You might be happier if you upgraded your amp situation first. The MS1s have a lot of scope to build on.

I say spend money on an amp, then decide if you need more..

Also I'd rather a medium level ppa or m3 to a maxed pimeta..

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Where can I find PCB suppliers for the M3? Are they difficult to build? What is the situation with their power supply?

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyDean
Where can I find PCB suppliers for the M3? Are they difficult to build? What is the situation with their power supply?

www.amb.org/audio/mmm

All the answers to your questions lie there. And I don't think they're terribly hard to build, you do need a multimeter though for the initial setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back