how good is Alessandro Music Serie Pro?
Feb 26, 2006 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fatko

500+ Head-Fier
i am going to get (finally...) MPro very soon.
and i want to know ... is MPro the ultimate solution for Grado/Alessandro Headphone among all the Gradoes and Alessandros phones?

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Check out kuma's RS-1/MS-Pro comparison/review in the Featured Headphone Review section.

I have read this article, thanks
but i do have a doubt about the performance of Vocals by MPRO and RS1.

some people say the vocals from MPRO is more THICK and Magnetic than RS1 but some others say the Vocal by MPRO is more neutral

so , which one can really produce a more amazing Vocals?

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 9
I am very interested in this thread, as would like to get a pair of RS1, but in Europe are expensive beyond any reason (about twice as much as the price in the US!). I really would not mind to pay them US$600, but around 1,300 is simply crazy to me. I just don't understand Grado's marketing strategy on this.

The MS-Pro is the only viable solution for us on the wrong side of the pond.
Anyway, I have done a search on the matter and could not find much info about the MS-Pro.

So any comments from owners would be very welcome

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
I am very interested in this thread, as would like to get a pair of RS1, but in Europe are expensive beyond any reason (about twice as much as the price in the US!). I really would not mind to pay them US$600, but around 1,300 is simply crazy to me. I just don't understand Grado's marketing strategy on this.

The MS-Pro is the only viable solution for us on the wrong side of the pond.
Anyway, I have done a search on the matter and could not find much info about the MS-Pro.

So any comments from owners would be very welcome

i think you can try to order it from Hong Kong, the selling price here is probably cheaper than the listed price in US

The price here is about USD630..

taking the shipping cost into account, you can still save alot here..

well, if Alessandro says they cease to make MSPRO, i will surely buy it immediately
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Fatko, thanks for the info, HK sound interesting, but do you know any reliable retailer?
And in any case would you go for the RS1 or the MS-Pro even if the price was the same?

there is only one authorized dealer in HK for Grado

and no authorized dealer for Alessandro.

but Alessandro is still available here as the shops here get their Alessandro from China.

i have just sold my 325i today and i love it.
i would go for MPRO coz i think it is more suitable for me, coz i listening not only Pop and Rock.. i got many Classical and OST too..

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #9 of 9
I've concurrently owned both the RS-1 and MS-Pro for around a month and did an exhaustive comparison between the two. Here are my opinions on they compare in sound...
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=155584

Since then, I've crushed the bowls on the MS-Pro which puts the drivers closer to my ears and brings out the bass and midrange to near RS-1 levels. Unfortunately, I didn't do a crushed bowl MS-Pro vs. RS-1 comparison because I already returned the RS-1 due to the cosmetic defects I had with them. The MS-Pros were "perfect" in finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back