how good are the 400mkii from monster cable
Jul 31, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 12
I had thought it was good until I heard Outlaw PCA. Finally Monster had to go back home at bestbuy.

I suggest you to go with Outlaw PCA. The price is slightly above Monster, but sound quality is far beyond.

Thanks

John
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 12
I used to have the 400mkII. tHere is no contest between all the subsequent cables I've used, including Radio Shack Gold.

THose lower-end Monster cables are over-marketed, over-priced pieces of 'fill the blank'.

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 12
Overall, I felt that the Monster 400MkII's were a good value and sounded much better than the cheapies, but when I discovered the Outlaws... The Outlaws are worlds better in every respect than the Monsters and only slightly more expensive. No contest.

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 12
Low-end Monsters are a waste of money. You have to go up to the Z-Series before their cables get good.

markl

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 12
Markl,
The M950i's, M1000i's, and the Sigma Retro's, none of which are part of the "Z" series are good cables as well. They are sold exclusively through high end retailers. Trouble is, the Outlaws sound better than the 950's at least for a fraction of their price.
Cheers,
Kevin

Aug 1, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #8 of 12
Yeah, the 400MKIIs used to be considered a good value until the Outlaws came along.

Aug 1, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 12
I've been using the Monster 400MkII for a few years now. But, you people have me curious about these Outlaw Cables.

So, which Outlaw interconnect would be an upgrade from the Monsters? Is their lowest price pair better than the 400MkII's?

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 12
Magic77,

You can find it here.

Outlaw PCA

For prices, click on "Place an Order". I was ABing with Monster 400Mk2. You won't regret to get this.

Thanks

John

Aug 1, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
I used to have the 400mkII. tHere is no contest between all the subsequent cables I've used, including Radio Shack Gold.

THose lower-end Monster cables are over-marketed, over-priced pieces of 'fill the blank'.

Agreed. Cables may well be system dependent (they definitely are in my hands, anyway). However, I did a comparison of several low-cost interconnects a while ago. The $12 Acoustic Research Premium Series at Best Buy was a nice little cable. The Monster 400II was the only one I really couldn't stand.

Today, IMO the Outlaw PCA has no competition in what you get for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back