How easy to fix?
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 13
  Headphones are pretty strait forward in wiring. Opening them up to replace the cables depends on the headset, some are designed to be taken apart, others are glued or sealed plastic that could be tricky not to break. One option is to cut the wires 6 inches or so from the cups and solder on new cables and shrink tube over that to hide your handy work. I would say if you can get them pretty cheap, do it. Sony has some pretty decent headphones, you might just love them :)

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
  Headphones are pretty strait forward in wiring. Opening them up to replace the cables depends on the headset, some are designed to be taken apart, others are glued or sealed plastic that could be tricky not to break. One option is to cut the wires 6 inches or so from the cups and solder on new cables and shrink tube over that to hide your handy work. I would say if you can get them pretty cheap, do it. Sony has some pretty decent headphones, you might just love them :)

Oh believe me, you're preaching to the choir on that one. Ive owned a pair of these before, and loved them. So, just a typical solder and heat-shrink job? Any place to get that type of flat cord? Thanks for your answer.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 13
Found these, I bet there are other options, but at least it looks like there are some out there. Did a little reading on the Sony's, OMG, run don't walk and get them asap, at that price its an easy buy. Perhaps all they need is a little splicing, then you are good to go. Good luck and great find.

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Extension-Laptop/dp/B00ABSGNKC

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 13
Off topic but seeing this: "Please Call or Text 6one4 - 55one - three 4 4 one" made me think of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZfu-MtDsX0

It has the "rhythm" but it just looked odd.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
Found these, I bet there are other options, but at least it looks like there are some out there. Did a little reading on the Sony's, OMG, run don't walk and get them asap, at that price its an easy buy. Perhaps all they need is a little splicing, then you are good to go. Good luck and great find.

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Extension-Laptop/dp/B00ABSGNKC

I WISH I COULD!!! They are like 1200mi from me. Its not looking like he wants to ship...

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Bummer, I was assuming they were local to you. You might be able to find a head-fier in that area that could broker the deal and get them sent out to you. Anythings possible ! Good luck

In that case... http://annapolis.craigslist.org/for/3684964256.html. Would be ideal, as he doesn't want to ship either. Where would I post an inquisition such as that? I don't think im a very creditable member yet, lol. So trust might be an issue.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 13
Not to pry, but where abouts are you?  Good question on where to post such a request. I would post in the Sell trade forums, you might find a member who is close and has what you want. Regardless, that should get seen, and if there's a better forum to post in, a moderator might chime in. Post that you are looking for the XB-700's and that you have found some on craigs list if any members might be able to assist in your quest they're help woul dbe greatly appreciated. Use pay-pal to make your transactions, and hopefully soon you will have them. Good luck in your search.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Not to pry, but where abouts are you?  Good question on where to post such a request. I would post in the Sell trade forums, you might find a member who is close and has what you want. Regardless, that should get seen, and if there's a better forum to post in, a moderator might chime in. Post that you are looking for the XB-700's and that you have found some on craigs list if any members might be able to assist in your quest they're help woul dbe greatly appreciated. Use pay-pal to make your transactions, and hopefully soon you will have them. Good luck in your search.

Im in Dallas, Tx. I cant post in the classifieds, yet. My plan was to do that if I couldn't find a pair by the time the 30 day restriction, or whatever, was up. This is literally like the only headphone board on the web, props to Jude on that one.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #12 of 13
Ya, Jude deserves big Props for the site. The greatest thing about head-fi IMHO, is the mix of people you will get replies from, industry giants, Recording professionals, all the headphone companies have many reps from founders to techs on the forums, the list goes on and on. It's an amazingly diverse group, some well healed others like me on tight budgets, and we all co-exist here in pretty much virtual harmony. It's the love of music and the gadgets we use that ties us together. Fun Times :) Spent some time in the DFW area, liked it a lot. Wanted to take a tour of TCU and pick up a Hat,but ran out of time. I'm a Boise State fan, and TCU is one of our football Rivals, great team.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
Ya, Jude deserves big Props for the site. The greatest thing about head-fi IMHO, is the mix of people you will get replies from, industry giants, Recording professionals, all the headphone companies have many reps from founders to techs on the forums, the list goes on and on. It's an amazingly diverse group, some well healed others like me on tight budgets, and we all co-exist here in pretty much virtual harmony. It's the love of music and the gadgets we use that ties us together. Fun Times :) Spent some time in the DFW area, liked it a lot. Wanted to take a tour of TCU and pick up a Hat,but ran out of time. I'm a Boise State fan, and TCU is one of our football Rivals, great team.

Yeah, ive lurked on here for awhile. Not that much commotion relative to other message boards, which is a lot to be proud of considering. DFW is really great, really isn't much you cant find within an hours drive, except stupid XB-700's! I hear you on the budget thing. I guess I need to post that CL link somewhere, now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back