How durable is the Audioengine 2?
Jan 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

georgelai57

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I'm contemplating getting these but I'm a bit concerned they don't have grilles/cloth covers at all. I'd like to hear from owners, and disaster stories if any.

Thanks

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 9
If you're referring to the A2's (?) I have the P4s that don't have the grills either. I haven't had any issues what so ever in a year and Audioengine makes a very solid product.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi Bill, to be correct they're the Audioengine 2 speakers not A2. I am quite careful with my speakers but I was wondering whether they're fragile when other people with itchy fingers touch the grill-less tweeters etc :)

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Hi Bill, to be correct they're the Audioengine 2 speakers not A2. I am quite careful with my speakers but I was wondering whether they're fragile when other people with itchy fingers touch the grill-less tweeters etc :)

A2 stands for Audioengine 2. They're called both A2's and Audioengine 2's AFAIK.

This thread also should probably be in the computer audio forum. OT: I own a pair of Aktimate Mini's which also don't have grilles/cloth covers and they're just fine. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Yeah, wasn't sure if OP meant the A2's as this isn't the speaker forum. That said, again, My Audioengine P4's are built similarly and I haven't had an issue although I never let the roomate's cat in my room unattended. I haven't heard the A2's but the reviews are unbelievable. As for Audioengine in general I have nothing but good things to say about the Audioengines that I do have.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Okay, I've gone ahead and bought the Audioengine 2 as well as the D1 a few days ago. Listening to them as I type. Thanks everyone

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Ah if only I can post what I hear, here. Ha Ha. Yes I love them. I know they are also decent for small rooms but my main aim is for near field listening in front of my iMac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back