How Durable are Koss Portapros (tell us your disaster stories/ close-calls)
Jun 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
I have happily bought my Koss Portapros a few months, if not a Year. and i am still to this Day happy with them especially when im the only one with a pair of Portapros in my Highschool in Southern-coastal VA.

I havent had any too risky close-calls, or any situation that would have been too much for the Little HP's that Could.
since a little tike, i have been very careful with my belongings that i have collected, since all i collected as a Tot was Legos, and those kind of toys (Starwars legoes) are ALWAYS fragile.

so i am yet to encounter any dangerous situations for my PP's

Also, Any wear and tear coming from your PP's while they last, or lasted?

some topics to bring to thought, any relating stories here:
How long have you had your PP's?
What were the significant Damages seen or heard?
What situations have you underwent; in which if or not your PP's survived
DID you or DID you not use the included Koss Pouch
What thing was the thing that gave way to ending your PP's?(wiring, jack, driver, speaker, headband, earpiece)

some questions:

How does Portapros fare against WATER? Rain, Submersion, accidental spills
How well do Portapros fare against shock, drops, physical contact(hit by person)
What is Love, Baby Dont Hurt Me
Wheres waldo

Koss Provides a Lifetime warranty, with any Authorized purchase of a Koss Portapro.
*Koss Provides a Leather pouch for every Koss portapro

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 4
I had my PortaPros for about a year before the 3.5 mm connection broke. I was just using them one day and the left side stopped working and only worked when the wire was bent in a certain position. I was pretty rough on them though. I never used the carrying pouch or anything and now that i look back on it i wish i had been more careful and gentle with them. I exchanged the wire on them and they work fine now but I could have also taken advantage of the warranty. Hope you enjoy your PortaPros! They are really great headphones.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 4
My very same questions as original poster. Seems unresolved. Would also like to ask how they act when folded. placed in bag and squeezed inside by other things.

Also is it true that lately they changed manufacturer and quality is much worse than before?

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 4
I've always been careful with mine, and rarely stuff them into bags with other items.  Even so, mine lost sound on one side, probably too much strain on the wire and I had to send them back in to Koss.  I think the cable on this set is its weakest link, and the wires will break at the strain relief point.  I got a replacement set for cost of shipping.

Can't answer the last question on quality.  Haven't heard anything about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back