How does the super.fi 3 look in the ear ?
Jun 24, 2008 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

div

New Head-Fier
First of all i have to say this forum is incredible. I´ve learned a lot of things reading here (a few months already) without registering at all, but now i decided to get more into the world of headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Using my creative ep630 it got quite a bit "boring" so i decided i would go up onto a higher level such as the Super.fi 3. The ultimate ears was my decision because i read that it isn´t a basswhore like other in-ears in this price class. I don´t have much other opportunities than the Shure SE110. (It´s quite hard to get mylarones here in germany even trough online shops for a reasonable price). Mostly listening to alternative music and a lot of accoustic versions i don´t want the bass to overwhelm the voice.

To get to a point. Mostly the music i listen to contains guitars(electronic and acoustic, piano and drums)

The only thing I worry about is that they might stick out too much out the ear.

I´ve already searched on google/ultimate-ears and here, but couldn´t find any pics of people wearing them actualy. It would be realy nice if some people could make me some pics or if they know some pics link them.

And one more question, is the cable easy to get out ? So if someone would pull for example on it would the end fall down?

Thanks for your answers!
div

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 8
UE's page shows some people wearing their universals. And they do stick out quite a bit. Comparatively, my ER-4P are almost flush with the side of my head. Thanks to the angled strain relief, there's very little protrusion.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 8
They don't stick out too much from my ears. I guess it depends on the size of the ears in question.

One of the earpiece on my pair got worn out and would fall of the cable quite easily. As a result, I lost said earpiece. Also, I had issues with the durability of the cables.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi,

Thanks for your response(s).

Reading through this board i´ve also seen a lot of people with damaged cases...

From Germany it would be kind of expensive sending in and out the headphones to the US for me.

Is the shure SE110 more durable ? Or maybe the Jays J-Jays.

Regards

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for this picture , clearified a lot !

Another question , do you have any experience with damaged case, broken cables? (Cables wouldn´t be much of a problem since I could buy new ones), but the Monitor. If it breaks it would be very expensive for me to send them to the US.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back