How does the KOSS PortaPros compare to the Ultrasone 750?
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
In Treble, Clarity, Mid, and Bass.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 9
i heard the PortaPros are very good in clarity, i pretty much love to hear the detail in the music everything must be heard. :p Bass should be there but not so much... in which my Ultrasone 750s is oright with it, very nice.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard the PortaPros are very good in clarity, i pretty much love to hear the detail in the music everything must be heard. :p Bass should be there but not so much...

...then forget the PortaPros (even though I have them). Very heavy bass orientation, which is why I haven't listened to mine in years. I guess they'd be OK for portable, non-critical listening use, but not much beyond that IMO.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 9
that's like asking how a ford focus is compared to a bmw M5

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...then forget the PortaPros (even though I have them). Very heavy bass orientation, which is why I haven't listened to mine in years. I guess they'd be OK for portable, non-critical listening use, but not much beyond that IMO.

ohh... didnt realise they are so bad, i just wish cnet would stop mislead people :p they didnt even said it sounds good "for the money", i was under the impression they were good.. but yeah the bass some said is over powering... ah now i get how that it might sound :p thanks.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 9
Well, they're not bad, in fact they are pretty good for the money. But even though, they're not going to compare to high end cans. They are fairly bassy, but I don't think that's a flaw, just their unique sound, they're a fun can.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

i heard the PortaPros are very good in clarity, i pretty much love to hear the detail in the music everything must be heard. :p Bass should be there but not so much... in which my Ultrasone 750s is oright with it, very nice.

ohh... didnt realise they are so bad, i just wish cnet would stop mislead people :p they didnt even said it sounds good "for the money", i was under the impression they were good.. but yeah the bass some said is over powering... ah now i get how that it might sound :p thanks.

The PortaPro is not bad at all. It is just not the best you can get for clarity. It is better than a lot of what is available at a lower price, but you are going to get more clarity with the more more money you put into the phones (in many cases anyhow). As Shoreman mentioned, they are great for 'On the Go', non-critical or portable listening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are fairly bassy, but I don't think that's a flaw, just their unique sound, they're a fun can.

They are IMO, the most fun sounding can out of what I currently have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back