how does the headroom micro with desktop module compared to other amps?
Jul 22, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Interesting question, GS-1, I would say no way, completely wrong league. GL, Hmmm, I think the GL would have a pretty good edge over the mini Amp for sheer sound quality but then the mini amp has mobility and crossfeed over the GL and factor in the question of personal taste and I could see either of them being more attractive to a given person.

Jul 23, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 4
the micro amp with desktop module is killer. the "must have" desktop module cuts battery time but it comes with a wall wart. it is my favorite portable amp today. the sound is the best that i have heard to date. the price is right & it will double as a desktop. the micro dac is a nice match if you listen to computer music, watch personal dvds or a portable with digital line out. highly recommended.

Jul 23, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Doesn't compare to my Lehmann Black cube linear (Class A with zero negative feedback) in sound quality, but it cost less than half of the Lehmann, is a battery operated portable unlike the Lehmann, and good for the money.

The desktop option is preferable for sound quality, in spite of more battery drain than without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back