How does Panasonic RP-HTF600-S compare to my ATH-M50 and Skullcandy Aviators?
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sakageshinga

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I currently own both the ATH-M50 and the Skullcandy Aviators.  I like the Aviators for their more open soundstage, less recessed mids, but find its clarity and fidelity to be not as good as the M50s, which I like for their good, tight bass and sound clarity.  I listen mostly to rock and classical, and depending on my mood, both of these cans serve me well, but I find myself always looking for something better (perhaps a mix of the two - larger soundstage, non-recessed mids, and good fidelity).

My searches have come up with the Panasonic semi-open RP-HTF600-S, which is getting rave reviews for sound quality & its price.  However, I'd like to get opinions from people who have used either (or even better, both) the M50 or the Aviators.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 3

gelocks

Headphoneus Supremus
The Pannies are NOT what you are looking for if you want more soundstage and clarity. Compared directly to the M50s, the latter produce a more detailed sound all over the spectrum. Highs on the Pannies are not as good but mids are comparable (I like them better on the HTF600s) and frankly from what I remember the Pannies definitely go lower (bass) than the M50s. I also find the HTF600s to be more comfortable.

I think you will probably need to step up to another echelon...

Good Luck!

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 3

MalVeauX

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
Hello guys,

I currently own both the ATH-M50 and the Skullcandy Aviators.  I like the Aviators for their more open soundstage, less recessed mids, but find its clarity and fidelity to be not as good as the M50s, which I like for their good, tight bass and sound clarity.  I listen mostly to rock and classical, and depending on my mood, both of these cans serve me well, but I find myself always looking for something better (perhaps a mix of the two - larger soundstage, non-recessed mids, and good fidelity).

My searches have come up with the Panasonic semi-open RP-HTF600-S, which is getting rave reviews for sound quality & its price.  However, I'd like to get opinions from people who have used either (or even better, both) the M50 or the Aviators.

Thanks!

Heya,

A used Denon D2000 would be your next logical step. And final step actually before going high-end.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread