How do you want to set up Windows Volume Control
Jul 27, 2008 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TDRKZ

100+ Head-Fier
I've been wondering for a while. If you want to set volume for volume control in windows, do you want to put wave to max then adjust volume. Or do you want to adjust to middle volume then adjust wave accordingly. I didn't think there was a difference until recently. When i set it to wave max and thus setting volume really low (not even to the first bar. I found that through foobar, it got to the point where even when turning up my volume in foobar, there was a point when the sound started getting really thin sounding. While it did get louder, it did not get louder at all frequencies it felt like and in fact felt like it was struggling.

How are you suppose to set up volume control?

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Windows should ideally be around 80-90%

100% can cause clipping. ( i heard it from some guy on Head-fi)

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been wondering for a while. If you want to set volume for volume control in windows, do you want to put wave to max then adjust volume. Or do you want to adjust to middle volume then adjust wave accordingly. I didn't think there was a difference until recently. When i set it to wave max and thus setting volume really low (not even to the first bar. I found that through foobar, it got to the point where even when turning up my volume in foobar, there was a point when the sound started getting really thin sounding. While it did get louder, it did not get louder at all frequencies it felt like and in fact felt like it was struggling.

How are you suppose to set up volume control?

Use ASIO or Kernel Streaming device driver mode so you don't need to be afraid of the setting used for Wave port anymore (it's bypassed by these driver modes).

jiitee

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use ASIO or Kernel Streaming device driver mode so you don't need to be afraid of the setting used for Wave port anymore (it's bypassed by these driver modes).

jiitee

Lovely,
That fixed everything for me. The only issue I have now is the fact that it doesn't set everything to ASIO and only my foobar. It is somewhat annoying because when I am doing other things (watching stuff via media player classic) or playing games I have to change the volume quite a bit. Also, my foobar's volume is set at like -50 db which is inconvenient because the volume is a the very very bottom of foobar. If I forget to change my volume after doing something and go and open up foobar I blow my eardrums -_-''.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back