How do you transport your headphones?
Nov 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

somedumbgamer

New Head-Fier
I own Grado SR80s and Sennheiser HD595s, and the only way I transport them is by placing them in my luggage bags very carefully, and very carefully making sure the bags don't get crushed or anything. Pretty bad way of transporting them
confused_face.gif

How do you guys safely transport your headphones? There's gotta be a good way to transport them without constantly worrying about crushing them.

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 18
In their corresponding aluminum flight case, or wooden box. Depending which headphone I need to bring on.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 18
Hmm, yeah, I suppose aluminum hard cases would be the best bet. Most headphones don't really have personalized cases though... or do they? I imagine you'd have to customize your own by buying a generic case, some foam, cutting out the shapes of your headphones, and stuff like that.

Nov 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 18
I just use my factory HD-650 foam box.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 18
Nov 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 18
Usually on my head if possible, safest place to me. If not I put something head shaped in them and wrap them in a blanket or towel in my suitcase.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 18
I've been looking at ordering a couple custom foam trays from Battle Foam: Battlefoam V2

A couple of friends swear by them for custom/unique foam layouts. Good service, quality product, etc... Prices range from $20-30 per tray depending upon tray size.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyrp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking at ordering a couple custom foam trays from Battle Foam: Battlefoam V2

A couple of friends swear by them for custom/unique foam layouts. Good service, quality product, etc... Prices range from $20-30 per tray depending upon tray size.

I'd love to know if any HF'ers out there have experience with this company, and what thoughts they have about their products.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by somedumbgamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, yeah, I suppose aluminum hard cases would be the best bet. Most headphones don't really have personalized cases though... or do they?

Usually only high end phones come with a case. In krmathis' case, he is talking about a high end stax phone (o2 mk2?) which comes with its own aluminum case and the k1000 which comes in a wooden box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back