How do you transfer your music?
Mar 20, 2006 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

vulc4n

500+ Head-Fier
I'm curious as to how everyone here transfers music onto thier MP3 players.

I've been using Rockbox on my nano and loving it, but the problem is how I can automaticaly transfer a selection of my music (I have far more than 4 gigs) to my Nano. What I woudl love is something like foo_pod that works with any kind of usb mass storage device.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wired_Gargoyle
I've been using Red Chair's products since my Nomad Zen still functioned correctly. It's cut/paste & drag/drop friendly and pretty idiot proof.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/

I'll check it out. I might be able to get that to do what I want by creating ap laylist in foobar and transfering the files in the playlist with this software.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 11
here's a nifty little shell script for anyone with an mp3 player who runs linux (or any other unix like system with rsync installed)

the mount variable specifies the location where the player is mounted in the filesystem (in my case an iaudio x5l). the Rsync variable basically just says to transfer anything that is different, and if i delete a folder on my comp to delete it on the player as well.

i invoke this by simply typing ./iaudio.sh at the command line and i get a super fast update (because rsync only transfers the differences between the sync locations)

chris@tux ~ $ cat /usr/bin/iaudio.sh
#! /bin/sh

MOUNT="/media/iaudio"
RSYNC="rsync --modify-window=1 --delete -rtv"

$RSYNC /home/chris/music/ $MOUNT/music/

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 11
I use microsoft explorer.
biggrin.gif
I have the x5 so its UMS.

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I use microsoft explorer.
biggrin.gif
I have the x5 so its UMS.

See, I can do that with rockbox, but I don't want to manualy pick out a selection of my music evertiem I want some new tunes. I would much prefer that a new selection of my music get transfered everytime I connect the nano.

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 11
I use Apple iTunes to transfer music to both of my iPods

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #9 of 11
i loved drag and drop with my muvo, but i have to use itunes with the shuffle
rolleyes.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n
See, I can do that with rockbox, but I don't want to manualy pick out a selection of my music evertiem I want some new tunes. I would much prefer that a new selection of my music get transfered everytime I connect the nano.

If your player is UMS complaint and you are on windows try creating a breifcase on your nano to sync files or try using a free program like synctoy . Or if REALLY want to manage your files easily try mediamonkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back