How do you store your cd's ??
Jul 13, 2002 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

zack

New Head-Fier
Just curious what everyone here uses to store their CD's.. A few years ago when I was young and stupid, to save space, I threw away all my jewel cases, but kept the paper booklets.. I put them all in some case logic cd wallets.. Now I kind of regret that as somehow my cd's are more scratched now.. Lately i've been keeping my newer cd's in their jewel cases though.. Can't beat that for keeping scratches off..

Jul 13, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 24
If they're not in the CD being played, or in on the way there or back, they're in the cases, standing upright on a shelf. Makes me cringe to see how some people treat their CD's so casually.

Jul 13, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 24
In their cases, standing tall on two Boltz CD-330s.
Quote:

Makes me cringe to see how some people treat their CD's so casually.

That's one of many reasons I avoid my 16 years old son's room.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 24
I've got two 200 disk jukebox caroussels. All jewel boxes are stowed away in the garage. Sound isn't hilarious, but for background music it's ok. For top sound I've got vinyl.

Jul 13, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #6 of 24
I hate those CD Wallets with plastic sleeves. I used to have one a few years ago. Needless to say, I scratched the heck out of alot of discs, some that skip now.

Jul 13, 2002 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 24
For the CDs that I listen to outside work or home I transfer them to the slimline jewel cases. These are good for my backpack and the banging around it takes on the road.

The rest are in CD Wallets. I really have not had any problems with scratching at all. I think most of the scratching problems come from how the CDs are handled outside the case.

JMT I know the feeling my boy is 22 and has finally learned the value of treating them well.

Jul 13, 2002 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 24
I have two stands that can store up to 1200 cds and/or a few hundred DVD's.

Jul 13, 2002 at 2:28 PM Post #11 of 24
Well, the CD wallet I had(forgot the name, not Case Logic) was with all plastic sleeves, without any soft material inside the sleeves. It would be diffcult not to scratch the discs at least a little, since the disc would be rubbing against the plastic everytime I removed or placed the disc back in, not to mention the scratching from moving or flopping around in a non-secure sleeve.

Jul 13, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1:

Any pictures and links so you can get them online?

Here is the Boltz CD-330. I have this and the expansion rack that doubles the CD storage capability.
BOLTZCD330a.jpg

You can get it at Audio Advisor for $149USD with $.01 shipping in the U.S.

Jul 13, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #13 of 24
That's looks real good JMT, how many cds can you store on that rack?

I still owe you the money don't I, I hope you are not mad.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

---------------------------------------------------------
edit: i found the answer to my own question. thx

Jul 13, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #14 of 24
wow, you actually need two of those to store your CDs? impressive! and quite a stylis rack too.

[dreams of when he finally reaches the 100 CD barrier]
tongue.gif

anyway, if you got a real lot of many CDs, got for some of the shelf-like systems mentioned above. otherwise, I think Ikea has a few really nice looking racks, floorstanding and ones you can hang on the wall.

oh, and I always took good care of my CDs, not all 16y olds just throw them discs around! sheesh
cool.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Jul 13, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 24
Actually I think the Boltz CD-330 looks so good that even if I don't have 330 cds to store, I still should buy it. My cd collection will eventually expand to 330 cds, I am 1/4 of the way there.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back